Chapter One - Leaving

It was finally the day. Finally the day I was moving away from my hometown - a place that was once filled with good times and happy memories, now turned into a place that held my greatest nightmare. My ex-husband and the father to my beautiful son Henry - Neal. I was glad to finally be getting away from him and being able to offer my son the life he deserves. This unfortunately meant that I also had to move away from my dear family and friends. My mother and father Mary and David and my best friend Regina - or Gina as she likes to be known.

As I felt a hand on my shoulder and a shake, I left my daydream, returning to real life. I looked beside me to see my son Henry looking up at me from his seat.

"Next stop, Maine" he said to me, smiling.

"Sure is kiddo, time to start our new life". I said cuddling him into me.

He went back to playing on Minecraft as usual and I began flicking through some Home Décor magazines I'd picked up from the airport. I began putting little stars beside all of the things that I liked. When I looked back through the magazines I realised that I'd put a star next to almost everything.

Then the announcement came on saying we were preparing the land.

When we did the air hostess announced:

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Bangor International Airport. Local time is 8:43pm and the temperature is 9◦c. For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the Captain turns off the Fasten Seat Belt sign. You may now turn your phones off Airplane Mode".

"We're here" I said, smiling at Henry.

"Time for a new adventure!" He replied, smiling back at me.

Shortly after this, the captain turned off the Fasten Seat Belt sign which meant we could finally leave the plane. We both collected out things and put them in my Longchamp bag I'd used as a carry on.

We both got up, I pulled down my sunglasses and we walked down the isle of the plane and down the stairs.

"Hey kiddo, this is officially the start of our new life". I said gently squeezing Henry's hand as it gripped into mine.

He looked up at me smiling.

We entered Bangor International Airport.