Chapter Eight - Moving Day

First off, I'd like to apologize for taking so long to write this Chapter. I'd also like to say a HUGE thank you to every single one of you. I'm at 1.8k!! I've been writing this for just over 1 month and to get almost 2,000 reads in that time makes me so happy. So THANK YOU again!!

{RC; 1879}

------------

I had the worst night's sleep last night. I was up until 1:30am packing our stuff away and it was now 6:30am.

Finally, an acceptable time to get out of bed.

I got off my bed and walked over to my tiny wardrobe. I can't wait to get into our new flat today so I can have more space.

I put on a white and black striped jumper. black jeans, white vans and added a dark khaki green jacket. I did my usual thing with my hair. Messy ponytail.

I put on some BB cream, powder, mascara and lipstick

I left my room and walked down to Henry's. Just as I was about to knock on the door it opened and there stood Henry. Already fully clothed and ready to face the day.

"Before you say mom, yes I've packed my clothes in the suitcase" he said, pointing to the packed suitcase laying on his tidy, made bed.

"wow he actually made his bed" I thought to myself.

"Good morning to you too" I said laughing "Actually no, I was going to ask you if you wanted to watch a film or something on TV and then go have our last breakfast at Granny's".

"Oh okay, sorry mom sure" he said, leaving his bedroom. He shut the door.

We walked over to the TV and sat down on the sofa. I didn't even get the chance to ask Henry what DVD he wanted to watch before he got the Jurassic World DVD from the box.

We watched the movie and headed down to Granny's diner.

"You go get us a booth and I'll go order our usual" I said, pointing towards an empty booth at the far end of the diner.

I walked up to the counter.

"Hey Ruby, our usual please" I said smiling at her.

"Two lots of Pancakes with syrup. Coffee and a glass or Orange juice" she said, clicking the correct buttons on the till.

"So, whats this I hear about you moving out" she said as she poured the drinks.

"Oh yeah sorry I forgot to tell you. Ever since I found out all i've done is repack our stuff. Killian was planning on renting out his old flat so he asked if I wanted to rent if from me" I said, taking the coffee and orange juice that Ruby had put on the counter.

"I'll miss you so much" she said.

"I'll miss you too. Don't worry though you aren't getting rid of me that easily" I said, laughing.

"Good!" Ruby said "You go sit down i'll take yours and Henry's pancakes over when they're done".

"Thankyou" I said, walking over to the booth where Henry was sitting. I saw down and placed Henry's drink infront of him.

"So are you excited to get our own place?" I said, looking up at Henry as I drank my coffee.

"I'm so excited mom. It's about time you got some happiness. After the past few years it's what we need" he said.

I was honestly shocked. Henry had never said something like that.

Soon enough we had finished our breakfast.

We headed back up to our room to finish getting out last few things packed up.

All of a sudden, my phone began vibrating on my bed. I picked it up and quickly unlocked it. It was a text from Killian.

The text read:

"Hey Emma, I'm about to leave to come pick you up. What's your room number?"

I began typing a message back:

"Number 4. We will start bringing our stuff down now. See you soon".

"Right, Killian is on his way so lets get this stuff downstairs" I told Henry, locking my phone.

"Okay, lets go" he replied, picking up a box.

Soon enough, our boxes and suitcases were in the lobby. We sat down as we waited for Killian to arrive.

About 20 minutes passed and he walked into the Bed and Breakfast.

"Hey Emma, Hello Henry" he said, smiling.

"Hey Killian" both me and Henry said in unison.

"So are you ready to get going to your new home?" he asked, lifting his eyebrow up slightly.

"We sure are" I said, picking up one of the boxes.

It didn't take us long to pack the stuff into Killian's car and soon enough we were on our way.

20 minutes later we pulled up outside of the cutest apartment block.

We got out of Killian's car and began taking the boxes up to our flat - luckily the apartment block had an elevator.

Soon enough all of our stuff was outside our door.

Killian got the key from his pocked and unlocked the door. We all picked up the boxes and walked in.

Wow this was beautiful. It was all white and modern with hints of colour.

"I'll leave your keys here" Killian said, placing the keys on the kitchen island

"Thank you" I said, walking around the flat, looking in the different rooms.

We finally had a place to call home.