Chapter Seven - Our First Day (Henry's POV)

I can't actually believe that I am now over 1k. I'm so happy I literally love you all so much. Also, I recently found out that I have readers from all over the world so please leave a comment below telling me where in the world you are from. Love you all <3.

{RC; 1,178}

------------

I woke to the sound of alarm, I looked up at my ceiling for a while before I got out of bed.

Today was my first day at my new school, I never told my mother this but I was so scared. I knew that once I got there, I would be fine. It was just the initial shock.

I began getting ready, I put on a white shirt, a navy blue tie, a pair of my new pants and my new shoes.

All of a sudden I heard my mom trying to open the door.

"MOM, DON'T COME IN, I'M GETTING READY" I shouted, covering my bare legs with my quilt cover.

"Sorry kiddo, if you hurry up we will have time to go to Granny's Diner for breakfast" she said before I heard her walk away.

I sat on the end of my bed for a while, flicking through my phone.

I then got up from my bed and grabbed my bag. I opened it and began packing it, I had just put my folder and book in when I heard my mom at the door again.

"Are you ready yet sweetie, I'm waiting" I heard my mom say.

"Yeah mom, I'm just packing up my bag" I replied before putting my pen inside and the rest of my books.

I put my bag on my back and left my bedroom.

Before I knew it I was on the cab on the way to school, my mother sitting beside me. I watched out the windows as the houses flew past me as I began to daydream.

I woke out of it to the sound of my mom talking.

"See you later sweetie, love you" she said as she gave me a kiss on my head.

She's so embarrassing.

"Mom" I said to her "Stop embarrassing me".

I got out of the car and began walking into school.

As I walked in I immediately saw a huge crowd of pupils filling up the corridor.

I got my timetable from my bag.

"Registration. Room 23. Miss French"

I looked beside me to see the number 23 on the door. Well, that didn't take me long. I opened the door and walked in.

"Hello, a-are you Miss French" I asked the woman standing behind the desk.

I looked to see that the class was empty.

Phew.

"Yes, that's me. You must be Henry?" she said, with the kindest smile on her face.

"I sure am" I said, smiling back.

"Okay well, if you sit at that desk at the back. I think that's the only one with a spare seat" she said, giggling slightly and pointing at the table at the back left hand corner of the classroom.

"Okay, thank you" I said, making my way down the table. I sat down and put my bag on the floor beside me.

Soon enough my registration classmates started piling in the next thing I know a girl sat next to me. I'm so shy around girls, please don't talk to me, please don't talk to me.

"Hello, I'm guessing you're the new boy?" she said, sitting down on the chair beside mine.

"I'm Violet" she said, holding her hand out.

"Hey Violet, I-I'm Henry" I said, shaking her hand.

She picked up my timetable off the table.

"We're in the same classes. If you want, you can walk around with me so you can get to grips where everything is".

"Are you sure?" I said, in my usual nervous voice.

"Yeah" she replied, smiling at me.

A few hours had passed, so far I had been to Maths, Biology, Physics and Computer Studies. Now it was my favourite period, lunch.

I waited in the Que before getting my pizza and chips and sitting at the table with Violet. I had just sat down when my phone vibrated in my bag.

I typed in my pass code to see a text from my mom.

"Henry, come to Killian's after school. His address is 720 Waybourne Street, 10th Avenue. He doesn't finish work until later than usual so I'll cook us all dinner here then we will go home".

I read the message but as I went to type my reply, the bell went for fourth lesson. Lunch didn't last very long; I guess I was in that Que longer than I thought.

A few hours passed and I was in a cab on the way to Killian's house.

I got out of the cab and walked down the path and up the few stairs, I knocked on the door. Doing it loud enough for my mom to hear.

Soon enough my mom answered the door.

"So I'm guessing I found the right place then?" I said, laughing as I walked in.

My mom had such a huge smile on her face.

"I have good news. Go wait in the kitchen I won't be long" she said.

I walked down the small corridor and into the kitchen. I looked around the room trying to work out what this good news was. I put my bag under the table and sat down.

Soon after my mom came in and walked over to the counter.

"So what is this news?" I said.

"How would you feel if it told you that I've found us a flat to move into" she said.

My face instantly lit up.

"WHAT, REALLY?! I'd be ecstatic" I replied.

"Well, we have. Killian has a flat he said we can rent for $50 a month. We can move in tomorrow. He is going to pick us up from Granny's and take us there" my mom said with a smile on her face. It was so good to see her smiling again.

An hour or so passed and I was still sat at the table when there was a knock at the door. Soon after, Killian walked into the kitchen and walked over to the table.

"Hello Henry, my names Killian" he said, holding his hand out.

"Hello Killian, my names Henry" I replied, shaking it.

We all sat down and ate the delicious Chicken and Chorizo pasta my mom made. It was her speciality.

Another hour or so passed and we were in a cab and back to Granny's.

I sat down on the sofa while I did my homework and my mom went in the shower. Once she was out, I quickly went in.

I then headed to bed, and went to sleep.

My last night at Granny's.