Chapter Thirteen - Calls Home and Secrets Revealed

Sorry for taking so long to update this chapter. I've decided that the last chapter will be Chapter 20 and I'm also planning on having a few weeks break between the books. At the moment, the second book will be called 'A New Beginning'.

{RC; 12,309}

----------------

It's been a few days since my little slip with Killian. It felt so nice to feel like somebody cared. I forgot how it felt.

We spend ages talking before we even left the bed and it felt so nice to get all of my hidden stress of my chest.

I don't know what to do, the one person I can talk about this is back home in Canada. Lately, I've been missing everyone so much.

I opened my laptop on the kitchen counter and sat down on the stool in front of it. I logged into Skype to see Gina was online, phew. I pressed 'call' and soon enough, her face was on my screen.

"GINA!" I said, smiling.

"Emma, i've missed you so much. Whats up?" she said, smiling at me.

"How much time have you got?" I asked her, laughing.

"For you? All the time in the world" she said, laughing back.

"Well, you know Killian? The one who hired me to be his son's nan-" I said, before

"Emma, you hooked up with him didn't you?!" she said, her mouth wide open.

I didn't know what to do or say, my best friend knew me like the back of her hand. I just looked at the wall, not wanting to look back at her.

"YOU DID!!" she said "EMMA WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME"

"Okay yes I did, we kissed a few weeks ago and I guess it..just happened yesterday. We both want to be together but we don't know how to tell the boys"

"What you need to do is, get hold of your lady balls and tell them. I don't know about Barney but i'm 100% positive that Henry will be glad you're happy after everything he saw his father put you through"

"You know what G, you're right. I deserve a bit of happiness in my life. So does Henry. I have to go, it's almost lunch time and I still haven't brushed my teeth or showered"

"I thought I could smell something" Gina said, wafting her hand in front of her nose, laughing.

"Bye Em, love you. Talk soon" she said.

"Love you too Queen G" I said as I shut the laptop.

----------------

[5 Hours Later]

Henry was home from school and changed. We were about to leave to go to Killian's.

"You ready" I said.

"Yeah, I guess"

We left the apartment, got into the car and drove to Killian's.

We got out the car and began walking up the path. I was so so nervous.

Just as I had expected, we were greeted at the door by Barney.

"Emma" he said, hugging my leg.

"Hey Barney" I said, ruffling his hair.

We walked straight into the kitchen where Killian was pacing the floor.

"Hey Killian" I said, laughing.

"Oh, h-hey Emma" he said, startled.

We all sat down and began talking. Half an hour passed and me and Killian looked at each other and nodded slightly.

"I found a Enderman, look Henry. He's outside"

"Boys" Killian said.

They both looked up at us.

"Turn off your game a second, we need to talk".

Killian put his hand on mine.

"We're-" I said before Henry interrupted me.

"You-you're seeing each other aren't you" he said, with a shocked expression on his face.

"We are. How do you feel about it? how do you both feel about it" he said as he looked at Barney before looking at Henry.

"I feel great about it, I'm just glad my mom if finally happy" Henry said, smiling.

"I'm so happy" I said as I smiled.

"So does this mean your my mom now?" Barney said, smiling but looking slightly confused.

"No-no. I would never replace your mom" I said.

We spent a couple hours talking and playing board games and eating takeout when my phone vibrated on the table beside me.

The text read "I miss you Emma, I need to see you. I'll love you and my boy forever".

As I looked at the sender, I didn't have the number saved but I knew... it was Neal.

----------------

Chapter Fourteen will be set a few months later, what stage will Killian and Emma be in the relationship and what will be the latest with Neal? Find out soon.