Chapter Two - Arriving

We entered the airport and began looking for our flight number on the big screen above us that will tell us which carrousel our luggage is on. Soon enough, we were collecting our luggage, heading through customers and entering the arrivals lounge.

I walked over to the Customer Service and said to the young woman behind the desk

"Hello, both me and my son have just moved here but we currently have nowhere to live. Is there any chance that you know anywhere that is reasonably priced?"

"Well hello, not to be biased or anything" she said, giggling slightly "my grandma's bed and breakfast is beautiful, it has a very homely feel to it and it is very reasonable".

She then got a card from her desk draw and wrote something on it.

"Here's the address, tell her I sent you and she will give you a slight discount".

"Wow, thank you so much! That's so nice of you". I said taking the card as she passed it over the desk.

"You're completely welcome. I have a part time job in the café there so I will more than likely see you around" she said.

"Would you like me to call you a cab to take you there?" she asked.

"That would be great! Thankyou!" I said smiling.

"Yeah, thank you." Henry said, looking up from his phone for the first time since we left the plane.

"Thank you again" I said before beginning to walk out of the airport with Henry to wait for our cab.

About ten minutes passed before it showed up. The cab driver got out to help us to pack our cases into the boot. After squishing them all in, me and Henry climbed into the back of the cab.

"You ready kiddo? I said, looking at Henry.

"Yep he said, we can finally be happy" he said. Hugging into me.

Soon enough, we arrived outside the bed and breakfast Ruby had told me about and I looked exactly the way she described it. Beautiful and homely.

I payed the cab driver, giving him a $5 tip. We got out of the cab and got out suitcases before we headed up the three wooden steps and into the bed and breakfast.

As we walked in, I looked around at how adorable all the pieces of furniture was, from the chairs to the little vintage photo of flowers on the wall above the reception desk.

I walked over to the reception and rung the little bell that was resting on the reception. Just as I did so, an old lady walked through the door.

"Hello, dear. How can I help you?" she said in a frail voice.

"I'm Emma, your grand-daughter Ruby told me at the airport that I should come here as me and my son Henry here have just moved to town and we currently have nowhere to live" I told her.

"Oh Ruby sent you? Well let me see if I can give you a room a little cheaper dear." she said, showing a smile.

"Thank you that would be amazing!" I said, smiling back.

"How long is it you are wanting to stay for?" she asked.

"I'm not too sure, I'll book for a week just to be on the safe side". I said, laughing.

"Okay, I'll book you in for Room 4, for one week. That will be $75 please". She said, passing me the room key which I noticed had an unusually large keyring attached to it.

"Thank you so much" I said, giving her $80.

"Keep the change" I said, noticing she had a box on the reception desk which was collecting money for a local park to be build.

"Thank you dear that is so lovely of you. Once in your room you will find out the daily paper on the bed side table along with some tea and coffee making facilities".

"Okay, I better take this stuff upstairs and get myself together". I said as me and Henry headed towards the stairs.

"She seems like a nice lady" Henry said with a huge smile on his face "She reminds me of Grandma Margaret".

We found room number four and unlocked the door. Once in I began putting away the clothes we had. Which reminded me I needed to get myself and Henry some new clothes as soon as possible. As well as getting a job. I loved working as a Nanny back in Vancouver. Which reminded me of the paper that the nice lady said would be in my room.

True to her word, there it was on the bedside table. I opened it flicking right through to the 'Jobs' page.

Cleaner, no. Shop Assistant, no. Library Assistant, no no no. I was about to give up when there it was...

"Nanny wanted for start as soon as possible. $20 an hour looking after a 7 year old boy. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday as well as possibly the occasional weekend".

I rummaged through my bag to find a pen, I took the first one I saw out and drew a circle around the job advertisement. As I noticed the number, I got out my cell phone and dialled the number.

After a couple of rings, a man answered in what seemed to be a slight Irish accent...

"Hello" he said.