Violence✔

No one can avoid the luck...specially when it is bad!

"Beth!" Parker, my awesome brother pulled me in for a bear hug making me giggle.

"I can't breathe." I said really crushed under his hug.

"My, my you have grown into a... squirrel princess." He said playfully tapping my glasses.

I scrunched up my nose and stuck out my tongue at him. Even at seventeen I was a child when it came to my three year older brother.

"How is Lucas?" He asked and I felt the cold run through me.

Inhaling deeply I kept my composure and gave a look to my mom to not blabber out anything. Lucas and Parker were team mates in school and also friends. I didn't want to ruin their old friendship because I sucked at relationship.

He got bored, I am nerd with nothing that a popular boy would be interested in. It's that simple.

"He is great. Got a scholarship." I said avoiding looking at my brother as I tried to lift a bag too heavy for me so that I can hide behind it.

"And he told you this even after you broke up?" He asked in a serious tone.

I gulped and looked at him, giving up on lifting the too large bag as Parker snatched it from my hand.

"I-Well-I might-" He cut me off, "When were you going to tell me about his first class jerk move Beth?"

"It's not a big deal bro!" I said acting all cool about it.

"She is lying, she cried over it for weeks." Mother turned traitor all of a sudden.

It was a good thing Dad stayed back or work, he is worse than mom.

Parker gave me a sharp gaze which I was used to so I didn't crumble. I looped my arm around his neck, tip toeing, "I am hungry and I don't want to starve to death on my vacay Parker."

Thankfully he let it go, for now.

"Fine, I will take you to Sun and Moons, that is the diner I work in. They have the best pancakes and chocolate truffle. I bet you will love it." He said now all of us hopping in his car.

After the flight, I was not in mood for sitting any longer but when we reached Sun and Moons, I was pleasantly surprised. It was not like usual diner, it was made of wood , painted white. The furniture, the counter everything was wood and it was amazing.

It was small but in a cosy kind of way. Two old fashioned lamps adorned the entrance. There was a small garden outside with two white wooden swings where a couple was sitting under the sun looking so in love. My heart ached for some reason and I ignored, as usual.

I sat down glad that it was filled with all kinds of people, from people my age to old people and small children. Parker went to get us our order which he said he will decide. I am not choosey when hungry so I allowed him to do that.

"I am happy that your brother is enjoying his life here." My mother said observing Parker with her motherly gaze.

"I am going to find out if he has a girlfriend." I said with a smile that comes when a plan is brewing in my head.

"Yes, please do that." She said laughing.

We were talking about random things while waiting for Parker when I heard a commotion outside. A worried look formed on my mother's face. Gesturing her to keep sitting, I jumped out of my seat to check the reason behind the commotion.

As I went outside almost pushing through the now collected crowd, I gasped out loud when the scene in front of me registered in my head.

Parker was being punched on his face. Blood came out from the side of his lips making me wince, me and injuries was not best of friends. Oddly I can handle an injury well if it's on me but if it is on people I love I get nauseous or really angry.

And I rarely get angry.

Without thinking for even a second, I stepped in front of my brother, the incoming punch stopping few inches from my face. I squeezed my eyes shut scared of the impact but when no pain came, I slowly opened my eyes.

"Fuck off, it's not your problem!" A boy around my age or maybe slightly older yelled at me.

"Leave." My brother added in a stressed tone.

I blinked once, twice, and then thrice. The hooded boy in front of me was really handsome.

And then I turned to look at my brother who was bleeding from a cut. Thank God nausea didn't came but the other thing called anger surged through me,

"It is my problem. The one you are hitting is my brother you jack-ass!"I yelled back on his face.

The face was artistic to say the least, but that was not the matter now. He was a jerk, he hit the person I loved most in the world.

"You are Parker Summers sister?" Another guy from behind the hooded guy said.

"Maybe a punch in your bloody face will prove it." I said through gritted teeth forming a fist.

They laughed, the five boys laughed at my statement. Well I was a sappy romantic, I was an optimist over all I was a nice, sweet kind of girl but Blair's dad was a cop so he taught me few tricks that were not so sweet.

I stepped closer to the hooded boy who punched my brother and tightening my fist I punched him hard, on his face. A sharp pain shot through my arm as I loosened the fist wincing out loud.

But the pain subsided when I saw the blood flow down from his nose. His finger touched the warm liquid with a shocked look on his face. He hissed dangerously at me and I staggered back a bit.

Thankfully solid form of my brother held me as I felt the adrenaline draining away from me.

"You will regret this." He threatened me, in broad day light, in front of a crowd...with no fear.

I just stared at his grey eyes too cold and storm like giving me the look filled with hate.

The police siren saved me as the boys hurried off on their death rides also known as bikes.

I turned to look at Parker who gave me a look of apology and sympathy. It was my pure bad luck to do such a thing on first day of my vacations. Girls are going to scold me for this!

*****************************************************************************************

Comments! Please  *looking at screen like a hawk* :D

Share your thoughts about the story!

And what do you think about the cover!?

Don't forget to vote...Enjoy!