Birthday ✔

Two days after the incident my hand was still not in movable state. It was bluish around the knuckles and it hurt a lot when I moved it. No bones were broken but the muscle was all swelled up making my hand look twice the size.

I winced as I lifted the plate in my hand.

"Beth, I told it I will get it for you." Parker said frowning at me with disapproval.

"I am sorry." I said for like a thousandth time.

"I told you, it's totally fine. I am amazed that you punched him, even guys don't mess with Brax." He said clearly worried what will happen to me now.

So as soon as I hit the guy name 'Brax Hunter', I found out that he was a regular at my brother's diner. Infact the diner belonged to his father. He attacked my brother because my brother tried to stop him from entering the diner.

Brax's father was not proud of the condition his son was in and he refused to let him in. Being the only 'built' guy, Parker was sent to stop him. Well my punch did complete the task. I didn't tell the girls about this fiasco because punching some hot looking guy would have gotten me scolded.

"What are you and mom doing today?" Parker asked applying jam on the bread and placing it before me.

At home he was such a brat but now he was giving me breakfast.

"Mom is ditching me and going for the handicraft showroom, one hour drive from here. So I am going to just wear pajamas all day long and snuggle in with a book." I said half-heartedly.

For crying out loud it was my vacation but my Mom was being a grown woman and leaving me to fend for myself.

"I can take you anywhere after five. Till then I have classes at college and then my shift at S&M." Parker tried to play the good brother.

"No, I will be fine at home." I said in an exaggerated bored tone to let him know I was not fine.

He laughed at my dramatics.

"Okay, here is what you can do. There is a local hangout nearby, they have a gaming arena, everything you like from bowling alley to shooting range to racing games." He said giving me a key to house.

I jumped excitedly off the chair and shouting out a loud thank you to my laughing brother. I ran off to my room texted Lyla and Blair my day plan and then got ready. I wore denim shots, white cotton sleeveless shirt and brown ballet flats. I always tied my hair so I pulled them this time for a high pony.

Chugging down a glass of juice I hurried out of the house.

The sun greeted me and I was happy that I was out of the cold for now. After walking for a while my phone rang and as expected there was a con call from Lyla and Blair.

"Where are you going?" They both almost screamed in my ear making me laugh.

"Gaming Zone." I answered knowing their answer already.

"Leave you alone for two days and you go super nerd." Lyla said in a mock scolding tone.

"Leave that aside, have you seen any cute boys yet?" Both asked filled with enthusiasm as all ways.

Instantly my mind flashed to the hooded guy I shoved the thought away.

"Not yet, I will go and scoop out in the gaming area, if he can bowl I can check him out."

"But make sure Beth he qualifies the list." Blair said it like a warning.

"Yes, I shall adhere by the sacred list." I said a giggle escaping my mouth.