No Drinking ✔

"I want you back now Brax." Boss shouted over the phone and I pulled it away from my ear.

"I am coming back in four days."

"How is your little plaything, what was her name, Bessa, Becca?" He purposely didn't name Beth and wanted me to fall in the trap.

"I don't suppose I know now. She is back to her home town and I already have a new target." I lied to him smoothly.

"Ah, well I thought your taste changed and you got more interested in cute than sexy." And then laughed at his on joke.

"Can I hang up now? I am middle of something." I asked in a tired tone.

"Sure, have fun as long as it lasts." His tone contained warning before he hung up.

I sighed and looked up at Blair's father. Naturally, I was on speaker and he heard everything.

"He wants you back, son. And if he suspects even a little you can be in danger." He looked genuinely concerned for me.

"I don't care sir as long as I get to walk out of that hell hole."

"But you might not walk out alive. Undercover operations can go seriously wrong."

"I am doing this for someone and that someone is important to me," I said stubbornly.

He sighed giving into my determination.

"Fine, then whenever you are ready to leave, we will start this operation."

"Four more days sir and I will be gone," I said in a rather dejected tone.

And he thumped my back lightly as if he was proud.

***

Beth sat down next to me and sighed. I was sitting out of her house porch with her parents gone for some art thingy. I was lodging in a cheap motel while I was here so I had to daily come to Beth's place to meet her.

"What's wrong?" I asked her the reason behind the dejected sigh.

She looked at the drink in my hand and I realised that in all the shitty problems of mine I forgot the list. There was a no drinking rule in her list.

"Why do you drink?" She asked solemnly.

And for the first time I contemplated the answer.

"To forget the pain and darkness in my life," I answered her with the truth.

She looked surprised at this information.

"You didn't think I do this for fun, do you?" I added a dry laugh to my words.

"Can I get a sip then?" She asked surprising me this time.

"Not really Beth, drinking is never good, especially if you are drinking in sadness. or anger." I refused, moving the bottle away from her.

"Maybe that will help share you the pain you are drinking away." She mused quietly.

I turned to look at her and saw the genuineness in her words.

"Why do you like me, Beth?" I asked before I took in another chunk of that drink making me head fuzzy.

Officer Morgan's words bothered me even though I was pretending to be all call about it.

What if I endanger Beth even after I am gone?

She laughed lightly at my question and then sighed deeply as if deciding on a reason.

"Your good looks?" I laughed at her lame reason, one she was using to hide the real one.

"And?" I nagged her further.

"Your hard- to- get attitude." And giggled herself on that one.

I turned towards her and held her arms in mine.

"Why do you like me, Beth? I am bad, really bad for you." I almost pleaded for an answer.

"Because you are my fantasy come alive, Brax, you are the one that brings out a side of me that I thought never existed. Because you actually manage to burn me from within, you make me feel things that I only read about; the shivers, the haziness, the butterflies in the stomach. Because you Brax Hunter managed to make me like you even though you were so Anti my sacred list." And she laughed , blushing furiously now.

I was speechless at her sudden true confession.

I took a larger chunk of alcohol, this time, making a silent promise to myself to never drink again. Because now I don't need to drown my pain, there was someone to pull me out of the darkness.

Feeling drunk I pulled her close and she gasped.

"Things you are making me do Sugar." The words just stumble out and she blinked nervously.

I edged even closer and kissed her eyelids. Some over power feeling with drunkenness made me rash and impulsive in that moment.

"I will not drink from today but it turns out you will have to help me with the pain." I slurred .

Her eyes lit up and she nodded eagerly.

" I will help you with everything Brax." She whispered too close for me to handle.

I understood what she meant by burning from within.

I closed the little distance between us and allowed myself to get drunk on her kisses instead.

---------------------------------

Brax just swore no drinking just to make into Beth's List :)

Could this be any more adorable XD

Vote people and share this story if you love it. More people should know about the list :)

Next Update: Monday