Tattoo - Sexy ✔

I was kind of glad that on my second day in town it was a weekend and I didn't have to attend emotionally draining classes. So I was standing the only place I could find Beth; library. Who told me? Blair, who else? She was helping me easily now.

On her front , her dad took my statements and I have been assigned the task of being a double agent. It seemed exciting. After a week I needed to return but this I will be working for the police and then once the boss is caught red handed I will be set free. It was dangerous but the best deal I could ask for.

I didn't tell Beth about this, why? Because she will freak out.

I walked in towards the romance genre and saw her seriously reading a romantic novel. Frankly, I found such stuff shitty, because they are sappy, mushy and makes a girl believe in unrealistic guys. But now, I am not so sure. It was infuriating in some senses but somehow my thoughts, my world was filled with her.

She was wearing her glasses and my heart coiled with a strange emotion I only felt around her. Today her hair was not made into a ponytail or straightened like in school. Today she tied them casually in a half knot and several loose strands adorned her face.

I sat down right across her and she looked up with surprise evident on her face.

"Brax, what are you doing here?" She whispered looking around as if someone was watching us.

"To see you." I wanted to tell her a lot, like I love her and how I know about the list and how it is influencing my behaviour but I said the most prominent thought on my mind.

"You are breathtaking in those glasses." First, she blinked multiple times and then frowned at me as if I was lying.

"What? You look cute and I like seeing you in them. So much better than those lenses."

"You can't say those things Brax. You know I am a romantic fool and such words affect me." She mumbled her eyes cast down and blush creeping on her cheeks.

"I am being truthful here," I said too happy at her words right now.

I took off my denim jacket and sat down even more comfortably.

"You don't even like reading, what will you do here?" She asked me with a tired look.

"My time, I decided how I spend it." I shrugged at her and she shook her head at me.

After this, she started to read as if I was not even there. Frustrated at her behaviour I asked, "Are you even attracted to me or I am just getting played here?"

"Of course, I am attracted to you like hell." She says in a defensive tone and bites her tongue at her mistake.

She was the fun to my seriousness.

I smirk at her and she looked down in the book again.

"So I am not getting played, what a relief."

"No, it is always me who gets played." She said and I feel the hurt which I try to mask.

"I told you I was protecting you."

"And what about me. I understand your point of view Brax and I am grateful for that. But what about my feelings? Do I ever get to make a decision? What if you told me about the plan of yours and didn't let me through pain?"

She was right in a sense.

"I just wanted to make it natural and wanted you out of my life because I never thought I could walk out of that hell hole," I explained her desperately.