Stalker

He sat in the tree by her window. He had orders, to change her sister and no one else. But the longer he infiltrated the family, the more he was drawn to this Plain Jane Brunette, the more he wanted to change her instead. She was listening to music and dancing around her bedroom. He used his acute hearing to listen to her singing along.

“Here’s a song for the nights, I think too much. And here’s a song when I imagine us together. Here’s a song, for when we talk too much and I forget my words...” She seemed into the song, like nothing else existed. “Heaven can wait up high in the sky, it’s you and I!” She burst out and he was taken aback. She had so much passion coiled up in her small frame. “Heaven can wait deep down in yours eyes, I’m yours tonight. Lay your heart next to mine, I feel so alive.” He cringed a bit, his heart didn’t beat, he couldn’t feel alive, but he wished he could, for her.

“Tell me you want me to stay, forever, ‘cause heaven can wait!” She stared right out the window, almost right at him, but he knew she couldn’t see him. It was nice, though, to pretend she was looking at him with that emotion. “Here’s a song, for the one that stole my heart and ran so far, that cupid couldn’t catch her. Here’s a song for the kid who aims so high he shot her down.” He chuckled to himself, she had just sunk to the ground, trying to be serious, but a smile lighting up her face.

She jumped back up, “Heaven can wait up high in the sky, it’s you and I! Heaven can wait deep down in your eyes, I’m yours tonight. Lay your heart next to mine, I feel so alive. Tell me you want me to stay, forever, ‘cause heaven can wait!” Oh, how he wanted her to stay by his side forever, but his alpha told him not to turn her. He didn’t understand that, this whole family was marked as the next ones, why couldn’t he take this girl as his?

“Here’s a song, for the nights I drink too much, and spill my words.” She took a pause, and then a deep breath in. “Heaven can wait up high in the sky, it’s you and I. Heaven can wait deep down in your eyes, I’m yours tonight. Lay your heart next to mine, I feel so alive. Tell me you want me to stay, forever, ‘cause heaven can wait.” She reached into her dresser drawer and pulled out a picture. It was of her and her ex-boyfriend. Before he turned her sister, he had to pretend to be her boyfriend, so he knew that this girl and that boy might as well have been soulmates. They finished each others sentences, joked around like you wouldn’t believe, and never fought. They knew each other their whole lives and were together for two years. They broke up when she found him cheating a month ago, but they were both pining over one another.

He wanted her to be pining over him, to want to be with him everyday, like he did with her, but he wasn’t as lucky as ones with beating hearts. “Ooooh ooooh, ‘cause heaven can wait. Ooooh ooooh, ‘cause heaven can wait.” She threw the picture back into her dresser and turned off her music. He watched, disappointed that her beautiful singing was ended for the night. He watched her fall asleep, and then headed back to his apartment. Someone would show up soon to see how his assignment was going, or else he would stay by her window all night.

“Alex, I will have you.” he vowed and blew a kiss towards her room, smiling while walking with a skip in his step.

*Blah. I'm just really tired all the time and I can't hold onto more than one thought at a time. This sucks. :( It's a pretty good song by the way.