My Raven

AN: I'm sorry. That's all I got. I moved, had to study for biology every night, and the big thing, didn't have wifi until Monday. Good thing I've been writing during Spanish when I get bored. Please, no one take this idea, cuz I really like it. Also, I don't own Vampire Diaries. Also, the italics are parts of songs that fit there.

So long agoI don't remember when.

That's when they say I lost my only friend.

"I can't lose you, Elijah!" I yelled after him, my black hair whipping around in the wind. He couldn't leave me, not like this. He promised. "Please, don't go." I could hear the vulnerability in my voice, where it hadn't been present in years. I felt sick to my stomach, he shouldn't be able to do this to me.

They say she died easy of a broken heart disease,

As I listened, through the cemetary trees.

"I'm sorry, my love. I must," his voice whispered out of the trees and I tried to follow him. I couldn't even sink to ground to cry. His compulsion hadn't worn off yet. "Our love is forbidden." That didn't stop him from asking me to marry him, though, did it? "Don't fret, I will find you again." The overwhelming sadness I had felt before was suddenly replaced with an anger that shocked and surprised me. How was I supposed to not fret over him? His father was out to kill him and he was leaving me behind! I clenched my fists at my sides and breathed in slowly.

"Don't lie, 'Lijah!" I yelled suddenly, my voice stronger and clearer than before. "This is our good-bye forever." I heard him somewhere to my right, but I resisted the urge to look at him. "What are you waiting for? Leave already!" My voice was almost hysterical, I couldn't believe he was doing this.

"I'm sorry," Elijah said again, sadder this time, and I almost started crying, "I love you with all of my heart." I snorted suddenly, feeling an insane need to start laughing. His heart? The unbeating lump in his chest? That's actually supposed to make me feel better? "I give you my word that I will find you again," I gasped in a breath. He was serious. His word meant everything to him, and he didn't like dishing it out like that. "Good-bye, my Raven." Then, he was gone, and the world around went black.

I looked up a few minutes later to see a new figure standing at the treeline. I got up mechanically and walked over to him.

"You seem different," he stated, smirking, no doubt having heard me and Elijah's conversation, "What happened?" This bastard, the man I had always thought of as a brother. How could I never see the monster inside. Was I that stupid? Every emotion in me seemed to bubble up all at once, it was overwhelming. I focused for a second with my eyes closed. When they opened, I could see he was taken aback at the coldness inside.

"Oh, nothing," I bluffed, turning around and walking away, "Just turned off my humanity." I glanced back at him and smirked, the same smirk I had always seen on his face. I learned from the best, after all.

It always seemed such a waste,

She always had a pretty face.

I wondered why she hung around this place.

I woke up with an immense headache, again. My dream faded fast, but I knew what it meant. I glanced around and noticed my clothes strewn everywhere, but his were nowhere to be found. I heard the shower turn on and moved as silently as possible. I knew what my dream meant. 'Lijah was searching here again, but he wouldn't find me so easily.

It was my fault he was so close anyway. What was I thinking, crawling back to this guy again? I sent a look of disgust at the door, even though it was fully directed at myself.