Chapter 5

Alexis POV

I rolled over and fell to the floor. I looked around the room and realized I was at home, in bed. Daniel must of brought me home and carried me to bed. Bless him. I stood up and walked into the bathroom and got ready for another day at school. I straightened my hair and then plaited it to the side. I walked downstairs to be greeted by mum. "Good morning baby" She sat at the kitchen bench, leaning over a newspaper. I walked over and sat down next to her.

"So I was thinking..." She put her newspaper down and turned towards me. "Mmm" I mumbled reaching for the cereal box. "Maybe we should get a pet to keep us company in this house" She raised an eyebrow at me. "What do you think about that?" She asked. I poured some milk over the cereal and started to munch on it. "Can we get a dog?" I asked curiously.

She smiled at me. "Its your choice honey" I smiled widely at her. "Then we get a dog!" I proclaimed and scoffed down the rest of my cereal. I grabbed my bag and walked out the front door. "Bye Mum!" I shouted. I jumped in my car and drove off to school.

------------

When I arrived at school, I instantly started searching for that one familiar face. Daniel sat under a tree and waved at me. I ran over to him and jumped on him. "Hey Baby" He said wrapping his arms around me. "Hey Danny Boy" I said leaning down to peck his lips. I tried to pull away but he held me there. I giggled. "Don't think you can get away that easy" He said, crashing his lips onto mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and played with the hair at the back of his neck. The sound of the bell ringing got us to pull apart.

We walked inside hand-in-hand. Daniel waved at some people on the way through. I stopped at my locker and grabbed my books out. Daniel leaned against the lockers and watched me. "Your mum is really nice" He said. I smiled at him. "I know" He hesitated for a second. "What would you say to meeting my parents?" He asked frowning. I reached up and smoothed out the frown lines and kissed his nose. "I'd love to" I beamed at him.

-----------

The whole day at school I was stressing about meeting Daniels parents. What if they don't like me? It was already six-thirty and Daniel would be here any minute. He was going to take me to his house so I could meet his parents over dinner. I'm pretty sure I've spent the last half hour pacing my room. If I look closely I swear I can see an indentation of my converses. Daniel told me to dress casual so I did. Casual is my thing anyway.

A knock at the door, caused butterflies- no scratch that- dragons to erupt in my stomach. I was just so nervous. I ran downstairs and practically flung myself at the door. Daniel stood in a black button down and black skinny jeans. He had a huge smile on his face as soon as he saw me. "Hello gorgeous" He said grabbing my waist and lifting me off the ground. He spun me around a few times and then put me back on the ground.

"Hey Handsome" I said kissing his sweet lips. "You ready?" He asked. I gulped and nodded. "Great, let's go!" He said. He grabbed my hand and led me to his car. He opened the door for the passenger seat and I climbed in. He walked around to his side of the car and slid in gracefully. We drove off towards his house.

When we arrived at his house I was gobsmacked. His house was amazing. I would of gawked at it more but I was abruptly pulled out of my trance. "Come on, gorgeous. They're waiting" Daniel dragged me to the front door and opened it. We now stood in a grand hall with many corridors leading in many different directions. Daniel guided me through the hall and into a dining room. A woman with dark brown hair and green eyes stood next to the fire.

She turned towards us when we entered. "Hello. You must be Alexis, correct?" She asked extending her hand towards me. I nodded shyly. She smiled warmly at me. "Welcome to the family dear. I hope Daniel's treating you well" She gave a pointed look to Daniel. "Yes he is Mrs Rover" I answered. "Please, call me Rhonda" I smiled at her. "Well is this the famous Alexis?" A man stood in front of the door, with his arms spread wide.

He had grey-ing black hair and chocolate brown eyes. He looked a lot like Daniel. But Daniel had inherited his mothers eyes. The man walked over and pulled me into a tight hug. "Alexis. So great to finally meet you. Call me Mark" He grinned at me. I smiled at him. "I love the house" I commented taking in my surroundings. Daniel took my hand and led me to the dining table. He pulled out my chair and I sat down. Mark and Rhonda came and sat down too.

The night was great. I got to know Mark and Rhonda a lot more. They were great people and were really friendly. I now stood outside my house on the porch wrapped in Daniel's arms. He didn't want to say goodbye. Honestly, neither did I. It was Friday night but I have lots of homework to do tonight. I pulled away and pecked his lips one last time before waving goodbye and walking inside.