Chapter 16

Alexis POV

I was currently one month along in my pregnancy. Werewolf pregnancies are way faster than human pregnancies. Normal werewolves take only five months, but Alpha's and Beta's take three. Which means, in two months, our son is going to be bouncing around the pack house. I had moved in with Daniel as soon as he found out that I was pregnant. He claimed that he just wanted me close, but I knew he was doing it as a protection detail. Stupid mate.

The baby has already started kicking, giving Daniel and I a chance to just have some quality family time. Daniel loved the idea of having a cute little family. Today I was going to see my little boy again. I hadn't gone to an ultrasound in nearly two weeks. Daniel couldn't make it today because he had 'important business' as he says. Many of the warriors and males of the pack left earlier today. I have no idea why, but Maria my maid said that they went on a hunting trip.

When she told me, she had this sort of look in her eye. As if she was hiding something from me. But it could have been my imagination. My hormones seem to have been playing tricks on me lately. Yesterday I wanted ice cream and pickles, and then I wanted to go skydiving. Daniel locked me up in the house so that I wouldn't go jumping from a plane. He bought me ice cream and pickles, but refused to let me outside.

Being cooped up in the house for two days straight is really claustrophobic. I asked him this morning if I could go to the main town and go to the mall. He decided to put 50 guards surrounding the house. I was so frustrated I wasn't allowed to go anywhere without Daniel. He made it clear that if I put a single foot outside, the guards had to drag me back inside the house. I told him that he may as well just chain me to the wall. He took my comment as a suggestion and tied me to the bed instead.

Well, I didn't mind too much about being tied to a bed with my mate hovering over me. But he did leave this morning after snapping at me to stay here, so now I have to go to the ultrasound alone. I don't really mind, because Daniel made sure that our doctor was female. Apparently so I was more comfortable, but really he just didn't like the idea of another man touching me or our unborn son. I thought that was pretty cute though.

I grabbed my purse and walked outside to the driveway. Daniel had appointed a driver to drive me to the pack house. But he forgot to mention that there would be several guards going with me. Stupid, stupid mate. I climbed into the car and the driver drove to the pack house. We lived twenty minutes away from the pack house so Daniel could still do pack work. I didn't mind really, as long as they couldn't hear us at night. (A/N: *winky face*)

I jumped out of the car, the guards following behind me. One ran ahead and opened the door for me. I smiled at him and he bowed his head in return. I walked through the door and towards the infirmary. The pack house had a huge hospital wing on the first floor. It was like a five minute walk to get there, even though its attached to the same building. I reached the infirmary, going up to the front desk. The lady at the desk bowed to me. "Dr Paisley is ready to see you now, Luna" She said smiling warmly at me. I smiled back walking around the desk and to Dr Paisleys office. The guards stayed outside the door as I entered.

"Hello, Luna" She greeted. "How many times do I have to tell you? Call me Alexis" I smiled. "Well then, Alexis, would you like to see your baby again?" She emphasised my name. "Yes please" I beamed. I laid down on the table and lifted up my shirt. "This may be cold" She warned. She put the gel on me and I giggled. "Told you" She said laughing. She picked up the wand and moved it around on my stomach. I watched the screen patiently, excited to see my child again. "Hah. There he is" She said. I gasped, he was so cute and small. "Is he healthy?" I asked. She shook her head. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Is there something wrong with him?" I asked, silently freaking out.

"Oh! No! Sorry, dear, I didn't mean that he's perfectly healthy" She smiled at me reassuringly. I sighed, relieved. "Then why did you shake your head?" I questioned. She smiled brightly at me. "Because there are two of them" She said. My eyes widened. "Do you mean twins?" I asked, completely shocked. "Yes. Two healthy baby boys" She said smiling at me. I stared at the screen as she showed me my two little boys. Tears were slowly falling down my face. The doctor smiled at me, knowing they were happy tears.

The door to the room swung open. We both turned, startled. "What did I miss? Why are you crying?" Daniel asked hurriedly. I blinked. "I thought you had important business to attend to?" I asked frowning, but still thrilled he was able to make it. "Umm...I finished early" He walked over to me and pulled a chair up. "Why are you crying?" He asked, wiping away my tears with his thumb. "Because we're having twin boys" I sniffled, and his eyes widened. He froze for a few seconds, then a huge smile broke out on his face. "Identical?" He asked the doctor. She nodded smiling at them. "Two healthy identical boys" She repeated.