Chapter 17

Daniel POV

The rogue we had taken back to the pack house was named Clive. He had a mate and three pups back home. We let him stay with us, he asked if he could join our pack along with his family. My father agreed and he was sent home to pack and retrieve his family. My father dismissed the warriors and turned towards me. "Don't you have a pregnant mate to get back to?" He asked. I put my hands up, "Your right old man, I have a life to get back to. What do you have?" I asked jokingly. "Your mother" He wiggled his eyebrows at me. My grin instantly vanished and I shivered, disgusted. He laughed at me and sent me back home.

I got to the pack house in record timing, sprinting to the infirmary. I ran past the front desk, following my mates scent. I slammed open a door and saw my mate and Dr Paisley staring at me startled. "What did I miss? Why are you crying?" I asked noticing Alexis's tears. She blinked at me. "I thought you had important business to attend to?" She asked frowning cutely. "Umm...I finished early" I lied smoothly walking over to her and pulled a chair up. "Why are you crying?" I asked, wiping away her tears with my thumb. "Because we're having twin boys" She sniffled, I was shocked. I think my jaw was hitting the ground. I beamed proudly. Two boys, I thought. "Identical?" I asked Dr Paisley. She nodded smiling at us. "Two healthy identical boys" She said.

I jumped up and pulled Alexis into a hug. She did a double take and then hugged me back. I was squeezing her so tight, that I realised I could be crushing the babies. I immediately pulled away and made sure she wasn't hurt. I bent down and kissed her belly twice, one for each baby. She giggled and I looked up to see her smiling at me. "Would you like me to print off some pictures?" Dr Paisley asked, packing away her things onto a tray. Alexis nodded at me. "Yes please" I replied beaming. The doctor pressed a few buttons then got up and left, saying she'll be back.

I beamed at Alexis,"Any name ideas?" I asked. "Sebastian, Jonah, Harrison, Isaac..." She trailed off thinking. "Ooh, I like those" I said smiling at her. "Me too" She smiled back. The doctor walked back in and handed us the pictures. She wiped the gel off of Alexis' stomach and we walked out to the front desk. I organized an appointment for two weeks away. We walked out and jumped in the car. We drove home chatting about the babies. I hoped that I would be a good dad, I already knew Alexis would be an amazing mother.