Chapter 23

Daniel POV

Three weeks.

Three painfully slow weeks since I had seen my mate or my mother. I was really worried. My father was too. We had sent out thirty-five different patrols in search of them already. I have been panicking the whole time. I couldn't eat, I couldn't drink. I couldn't even sleep. My wolfs thoughts were consumed by our mate and our pups. My dad was freaking out too but he was eating. He was trying to convince me to eat, but I just wasn't hungry. We had come close so many times, catching the faint scent of my mother or Alexis. We had tried to follow the trails but they just seemed to disappear every time.

I sat on the couch in my fathers office, trying to mind link Alexis. If she couldn't hear or reply to me, then she was far away from the pack house. I tried contacting every few hours just to see if they came any closer. To be honest I just wanted to hear her voice. ^DANIEL!^ I sat up abruptly. It sounded like Alexis but it was faint. I had probably just imagined it, I waited for five minutes just in case, then I laid back down on the couch. ^Daniel! Can you hear me?^ There it is again. It was less faint this time, but it was definitely there. ^Daniel! It's me Alexis! Can you hear me?^ Her voice flooded through my head and my wolf sighed in content.

Dad burst into the office. "Did you here? Rhonda is close she mind linked me, she said that they escaped" He said rushedly. I nodded, "Alexis mind linked me too. We have to go get them" I jumped up from the couch and sprinted out the door, with my dad hot on my heels. We sprinted out of the house and down to the border. ^Daniel! West border! West border!^ Alexis screamed in my head she sounded panicked. I sprinted towards the west border and saw my mother and Alexis in the distance. They were sprinting, well as much as Alexis could, towards us. Terrified expressions on their faces.

My mum crossed the border first and jumped into my dads arms. I ran over to Alexis and pulled her into the tightest hug I could muster. I'm not letting her out of my sight ever again. "Dan, can we go inside, I'm exhausted" She mumbled. I nodded and picked her up and carried her towards the house. I walked upstairs into our bedroom and placed her on the bed. I tucked her in and placed a kiss on her forehead, and her stomach. I wanted to stay and lay with her but I had to go ask my mother for the story of what happened. I watched her as she slept peacefully, I had already checked her body for marks, but thankfully, she was unharmed.

My mother explained the whole story to us. How she was beaten in order to keep Alexis from being beaten (my father didn't like that too much), how she was literally slung over a mans shoulder to get to the cave where Alexis was, how they just drew pictures and played hangman with the paper and pencils they were given by the nice day guard, then it got to the interesting part. The part I most wanted to hear. How they escaped. "It took weeks for us to figure out a plan. We had drawn up different situations on the paper. Then the day guard caught us, but he didn't dob us in, he helped us. He told us when all the men would be leaving and it would just be him on guard. Then he asked us to take him with us" She explained.

"Where is this man now?" Dad asked. "He distracted them for us, he told them that we knocked him unconscious and then he led them the wrong way. He should be here soon, I let him come with us because he was very kind to both of us" She turned to point at my father, "So you will let him join our pack" She stated. My dad started whining, and she put her hand over his mouth. "No exceptions" She said, letting go of his mouth. He huffed, but nodded. She turned to me, "The night guard seemed to take a liking to Alexis, and he nearly killed her. I managed to throw him off of her, and I healed her, and the babies are fine" She said.

"Good" I nodded. To say I was furious, is an understatement. I am going to murder that guy. "Are you healed yet?" Dad asked her curiously. She lifted up her sleeve, so we could see a huge scrape mark. "This is the only injury that hasn't healed completely, but I managed to keep it clean so it wouldn't get infected" She said. My dad growled and hugged her. Strangely she didn't rolled her eyes at him, but hugged him back. I think that she's just so happy to be back home with dad, that she doesn't really mind. "Well, I'm going to bed, goodnight" I said getting up. "Night" They replied still hugging. I walked upstairs and back into our room. I got under the covers, and pulled Alexis to my chest. And for the first time in three weeks I finally got a good nights sleep.