Chapter 2: Minnie Mouse Shirt

Minnie Mouse Shirt

     I climb out of the pool, glaring face-to-face with Nathan.

     But it's kinda hard, since he's probably a few inches taller..

     "Had a nice swim?" He asks, a smirk on his face. I could literally slap him right now.

     "Bitch, you pushed me," I say breathlessly, my body shaking from the cold water.

     He just looks amused, as he takes a step closer to me. "Language," he says, his voice almost a whisper, "there's children here."

     "I could kill you right here if I want," I say harshly. But my eyes are currently admiring his face.

     "Chill, babe. It was just a dare," Will says, walking up to Nathan's side.

     I raise an eyebrow at the name Will calls me.

     "Don't babe me. You guys are so immature," I comment, rolling my eyes.

     "Guys, we gotta go," Someone calls out. I look over their shoulders and see it was Kyle.

     All the boys turn to leave. Except Nathan. "Nathan, let's go," Will says.

     "Meet you at the car," He replies.

     Will shrugs his shoulders, and jogs over to their car.

     Then, he turns to me. "So, what's your name?"

     "Why should I tell you that?"

     "Because I asked," he simply replies, shrugging his shoulders.

     "Opal," I finally say.

     "Opal what?" He asks, amusement flickering in his eyes.

     I raise an eyebrow at him. "Opal Rodriguez."

     "Well, Opal, you should probably get a towel. You look cold," he says.

     Bitch.

     He turns to leave. "See you on Monday," he calls out, and jogs to the car.

     I hope you fall.

     ~

     "C'mon, Opal. If you don't get up in five minutes, you gotta walk your lazy ass to school yourself!"

Love you too, Gemma.

I struggle out of bed and stare out the window for a while.

I let out a yawn and head to the bathroom. I wash myself off and head to my closet to pick an outfit.

Just a simple outfit. I decide on a Minnie Mouse shirt and black leggings.

After jogging down the stairs, I pass through the kitchen and grab an apple as my breakfast. "Don't you want a pancake?" My mom asks, looking up from her book as she sits on a chair.

I shake my head as a reply, grab my bag and sneakers, and head out the door.

Who cares if I get my socks dirty, am I right?

I hop into my sister's car and tie my shoes on.

"You are slow as hell," Gemma scoffs.