Chapter 22: Cough Cough

A/N: I'm sorry to bother you, but random shout out to bubblezlol1000 & @nicolelahi because y'all are loyal 😭. You guys are quiet readers too, but I don't mind. Quiet minds speak the loudest (or something like that)
LOVE YOU GUYS ❤️

Now on with the story.

Cough Cough

3 months later.

     I walk through the hallways with Princess, as we make our way to the cafeteria.

     "And then Jessie told me she was sorry, but I knew that was a fucking lie," she tells me in a stressful manner, as she ran her fingers through her blonde hair.

     "Wow," I comment, not really interested. But I listen because she wants someone to talk to, so I'll be that person.

     We take a seat at our table, where Bella, Chrissy, and Simone are already waiting.

     Chrissy and Simone are some new friends we made in the last few months.

     "What took you so long?" Bella asks, as she swiftly steals a fry from Ria's tray.

     "We stopped by her locker," Princess answers, referring to me.

     A huge laughter suddenly catches a few attentions of some people, but I already know who it is.

     I take the risk of stealing a glance at the crowded table across the room. I know at least half the people sitting there. The ones I know the most are probably Kyle, Will, Derek, and Nathan.

     It's funny how in the beginning of the year, we were like best friends. It's even funnier how we barely even talk at all now.

     It just became so awkward whenever we see each other.

     I happen to catch a glimpse of some girl laughing with Nathan. Life is great.

     I quickly look away and turn back to my friends. "So what do we have planned for the weekends?"

     Chrissy starts slamming her fists on the table in excitement. "I heard that it's going to be really warm on Saturday. So how about we go to the pool?"

     "Ooh, I like that," Princess says.

     "You like everything," Simone tells her.

     "I think the pool sounds good. So what time?" asks Bella, as she pulls out her phone.

     "How about 1:30," I suggest.

     "In the afternoon," Princess adds.

     Chrissy face palms. "Of course in the afternoon. What the fuck would we do at 1 in the morning?"

     "Chris, stop attacking me."

     "Okay, 1:30 it is," Bella says, typing in her phone.

     ~

     As Gemma and I make our way back home, I stare out the window.