Chapter 9: The Hyper Five Year Old

The Hyper Five Year Old

♠️Nathan's P.O.V.♠️

I watch Opal run out of the cafeteria, as Bella follows behind her.

"Well, someone has a bitchy attitude," my girlfriend says quietly beside me.

I don't even say anything to her comment.

     I just stare at the door where she left.

     ~

     "So is she okay?" I ask, standing in front of the girls' bathroom with Bella.

     "She just needs time to cool down," Bella replies, as she combs her fingers through her wavy hair.

     "Oh, okay," I mumble. I walk back to the cafeteria.

     I make my way through the doors and back to my table and I take a seat next to Heather.

     "So, is your friend fine?" She asks tiredly, with her eyes on her phone.

     "Yea," I reply.

     "I never seen her that angry," Derek says.

     We hear a huge giggle come from the table Heather usually sat on. "Um, babe? Next time, can I invite some of my girls here?" Heather asks. "There's so much space."

     "Sorry, Heather," Kyle says, "but we only allow-"

     "Sure, babe," I interrupt him, seeing Heather smile.

     "Thanks," she says, and gives me a quick kiss, before heading to her table to catch up with her friends.

     "Bruh, I thought we agreed only us, and anyone we want to invite, could sit at this table," Will says, in an angry tone. "I don't need a bunch of hoes at the table. Heather was fine."

     "Will, shut up. It's just gonna be a few of Heather's friends," I say, trying to defend her.

     "Nate, I've been her for almost three years, longer than you," Will says. "You don't know the history of those girls. They've dated almost every guy in the school, and mostly everyone knows that."

     "So, what're you saying?" I ask, confused.

     "People will think that we actually hang out with those girls. Like, I love chicks and all, but not those chicks. I'm not that type of guy," Will explains.

     "It's true, though," Kyle says.

     "It'll be fine, guys."

     "Not for me, Nate," Will says, shaking his head. "If they are here tomorrow, then I'm sitting at Opal's table."

     ~

     "See you tomorrow, babe," Heather says, giving me a kiss.
She walks off to her car and drives away.

     I make my way out to the parking lot, when I see Opal, arguing with her sister. I watch until Gemma drives away, leaving her sister behind.

     Opal runs her fingers through her hair, while biting her lip. 

     I immediately walk over to her. "You okay?"

     "I'm fine," she replies. You don't look fine.

     Now that I'm right in front of her, I notice her nose is slightly pink. Like she's been crying.

     "You got a ride home?"