Chapter 18: Foodie's Fest

A/N: lol sorry to bother you, but random shout out to xTheStitchLoverx , because she's one of my favorite readers. LOVE YOU GIRL ❤️

Now on with the story.

     "Sure you don't want anything?"

     Gemma let's out a sigh, sitting on the couch with her laptop. "I'm fine. Just go."

     I shrug my shoulders and adjust the cap on my head, with the words: I'm an eater, not a lover. The words were stitched beautifully onto the front of the cap. "Love you, Gemma. Love you, Mom," I shout loudly, as I exit the door.

     I close the door behind me and make my way to the park, where a festival is taking place in 2 hours.

     I've been waiting for Saturday to finally arrive so I can attend the Foodie's Fest. It usually happens twice every year. Ever since I was a little girl, I never missed one.

     I take the opportunity to wear a pizza shirt and my favorite skinny jeans. Peach Reebok shoes cover my feet, and a black choker wraps around my neck.

I plug in my headphones and ignore the sounds around me, the only thing I'm listening to is my music.

As I finally reach the park, I notice people setting up everything. A few people arrived early like me, so I decide to help with the decorations.

"Set them right there," a lady says, ordering some of the employees that are holding boxes of food.

I slowly walk over to her. "Excuse me?"

She turns to me. "The merchandise section is over there," she immediately tells me, pointing to the direction.

"Uh, actually I would like to help with some of the things," I tell her awkwardly, adjusting the cap on my head.

"Oh," she says, looking at a clipboard in front of her. "You're attending the festival?"

I nod my head.

"Oh. So welcome to the festival, young lady," she tells me with a smile, giving me her hand to shake.

I shake her hand. "Thank you. I'm Opal, by the way."

"I'm Corina," she says. "Well, Opal, you could help Janet with the fast food balloons. She's over there."

I follow the direction where her finger pointed, and find someone tying a pizza balloon near a little stage that has been set up. Her pastel blue hair has been tied up into a messy bun. "Hello?" I ask, approaching her slowly.

She looks up at me, and I immediately notice the piercings on her face: one on her nose, and another on her lip. "How can I help you?"

I let out an awkward cough. "Uh, Corina said I could help with the balloons.. Are you Janet?"

"That's me," she replies. "Since you're here to help, can you start by grabbing a few burger balloons and tying them on the left side of the stage?" She gestures to the other side of the stage, then hands me three balloons.

She looks up at my cap and lets out a laugh. "Where'd you get that?"

I let out a smile. "My friend gave it to me for my birthday," I reply, taking the balloons from her hand.

"Ask her where she got it. I need one of them," she says, trying to take a closer look at it.

I let out a small laugh. "I'll make sure to ask when I see her," I tell Janet, as I make my way to the other side of the stage.