Chapter 21: Mentally Screaming

Mentally Screaming

My first reaction is.. Nothing.

     I'm really confused. I'm lost.

I don't know what to fucking do at this moment. My heart is beating so fast.

I think it's gonna explode.

His lips feel so soft, though.

"Opal! Do you know if we packed any toilet paper?"

     I quickly pull away and stand up from our chair, never looking into his eyes. I don't know what to do.

     I quickly rush to my sister's voice.

     I find her beside the cabin. She was making her to the back patio.

     "Are you okay?" She asks me, giving me a concerned look.

     "The- the toilet paper is in the cabin somewhere. I'll show you," I tell her quickly, as I take her hand and lead her back inside. I immediately rush to one of the closets and search for the toilet paper.

     There's so much on my mind right now. He kissed me. Nathan freaking Adams kissed me.

     "Woah chill, Opal," Gemma says, resting her hand on my shoulder. "You going through the stuff like a mad person."

     I find a roll of toilet paper and turn around. "Here," I tell her, shoving it to her.

     She doesn't take it, though. "Are you gonna cry?" She asks me.

     Everyone that's currently in the cabin turned to me as Gemma asks me that. I catch Bella's stare, and she looks confused as I am right now.

     Then we all hear the front door open, as Nathan walks in.

     His eyes meet mine, and I can't breathe. Why the hell am I acting like this?

     "Opal," Gemma says, making me turn back to her.

     "I want to go sleep now, please," I tell her quietly.

     "Um, okay. C'mon," she says, leading me to the room where we'll be sleeping, including Bella and Princess.

     "Are you okay?" Gemma asks me once again, as she closes the door. I start pacing back and forth in the room.

     "I'm fine," I state, as both of hands run through hair.

     "Shut up with the bullshit and tell me what's wrong," she says, sounding impatient.

     I'm taking deep breaths now. "He fucking kissed me," I say quietly.

     "What?"

     "Nathan kissed me," I say to her, still trying to keep my voice down. "And now I don't know what to do."

     Gemma is in front of me now. "He kissed you?"