Chapter 3: Couldn't Sleep

Couldn't Sleep

I step into the house. The silence of my home greets me. With Gemma having her sleepover and mom working late, I was currently home alone.

I carry my bag all the way to my room and start on the homework I have.

~

Mom💕: sorry, but the meeting is gonna take a while.😞

Me: so what time do you think you'll arrive home?

Mom💕: maybe almost 2 in the morning.

Me: what?? get back home safely, okay? love you.

Mom💕: thank you anak. I love you too.

I place my phone beside me on the bed. I should probably sleep.

I pick up my phone to check the time. 10:54

Yep, I better go to sleep now.

I place my phone on my table beside me and pull my blankets over me. I try falling asleep, but I stare out the window instead. The beautiful night sky peeks through the glass, and although there's no stars, it's still a beautiful sky.

Finally, my eyes close as I begin to fall asleep.

Tap.

My eyes quickly open at the sound. Something hit my window. Sitting up, I look outside to investigate.

And that's when another thing flies at my window, a twig. It came from below. I look down, and spot a dark figure standing outside my house.

What the hell?

Quickly, I back away from the window. There's a freaking stranger throwing twigs at my window.

I grab my phone, planning to dial 911. At that moment, another object was thrown at my window.

This time, it was a- well I don't even know.

Slowly, I approach the window again, to peek at the stranger outside my window. The person waves at me.

Awkwardly, I wave back. Then, the stranger motions me to open my window.

Shit.

Cautiously, I open my window a little bit. "Who the hell are you, and what do you want?" I ask, trying to hide the nervousness in my voice.

The stranger lets out a small laugh. "Language, Minnie Mouse. There could be little ones around, remember?"

Oh my.

"What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't sleep," he simply replies.

"What am I supposed to do?"

He hesitates a bit, before answering. "Can I sleep on your couch, or something?"