Shephard's Pie

Ingredients:
Mashed Potatoes-
3-4 medium potatoes
1/4 cup half and half
Four tbsp butter
An egg yolk
Salt and pepper to taste
Meat Filling-
2 tbsp canola oil
2 minced cloves of garlic
One medium onion, minced
Two carrots, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp flour
1 1/2 lbs ground lamb
1 tsp thyme
2 tsp Rosemary
1 tsp tomato paste
1 cup chicken broth
2 tsp Worcestershire
1/2 cup corn
1 cup peas

Directions:
1. Make the potatoes first: wash and dry them. Peel them and cut into 1/2 inch chunks. Set them in a medium saucepan with cold water. Turn the flame on high until the water boils. Then, turn the flame down and set the timer for 15-25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the meat filling- heat up the canola oil in a large pan. Add the onions and carrots. Sauté for about three minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add the garlic.
3. Then, put the lamb in and cook it until brown. Sprinkle the flour on top. Add the herbs, tomato paste, and Worcestershire. Cook until the herbs can be smelled, approx. 2 minutes. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add the peas and corn. During this time, drain the potatoes and return to the pot. microwave the Half and half and butter together for about 30 seconds. Add it to the potatoes, along with the egg yolk. Stir until combined and set aside.
4. In a large (about 11x7) baking dish, put the meat filling on and spread it evenly. Add the potatoes on top (don't mix them together). Spread until the meat filling is covered with potatoes.
5. Bake it in the oven for about 25-30 minutes. Set it to cool for about 15 minutes. Serve warm. Enjoy!! Serves 8
---------------------------------------
Inspired by Alton Brown's Recipe
*You can replace the lamb with beef
Hope you enjoy!! Try it out- read, comment, and like!
-Kat