10. Just Be With Me

Shout out to :

Lexi209love for commenting and voting! 

I will try to give shout outs to new people every other chapter or so. I just don't want to annoy the people that just want to get to the story. Thanks for understanding!

10. Just Be With Me

"Can I please come watch you train?" you asked Neji for the billionth time that week, crossing your arms and giving him your serious face. It has been three days since your return to Konoha and Neji refused to allow you to come to his training.

"No," he objected, trying to get rid of you as you tailgated him out of the Hyuga house early in morning. You had went back to your daily routine of walking him out of his home. You knew exactly the time he got up, how long it took for him to dress and eat breakfast before he left the Hyuga complex at exactly the same time every day.

"But why does Tenten get to train with you?" you couldn't help but be envious. You were capable of training with him too. You were positive of that and you also wanted to spend time with him. After all, you only had five years left to spend with your best friend.

"Because she's not annoying," Neji coldly said. You suddenly stop at his statement.

"Neji you are just cold! So cold! Colder than winter," you suddenly became frustrated with him. The two of you were best friends and you even kissed each other's forehead! Didn't that mean anything to him or did it mean nothing at all? You wanted to rip your hair out just thinking about it. 

"Well no one is forcing you to be around me," he pointed out, rather growing annoyed with you. If you found him cold then why did you insist on being with him? He wondered, it's not like he was asking you to be with him.

You felt steam coming out of your ears as your face redden.

"Fine then! I'll just go hang out with someone who's not an ass!" you said loud enough for the boy to hear. He glanced your way, watching you stomp off in the other direction.

"Good riddance," Neji seethed, storming away himself as he muttered furiously under his breath," so annoying!"

You were bulldozing through Konoha with the words 'WARNING : PISSED OFF' all over your face. First he refused to allow you to come to his training without any good reasons. Second he compared you to another girl and third he didn't care whether he spent time with you or not! 

You sighed, shaking your head at yourself and trying to calm yourself down. It's not like Neji knew you only had five more years to live. If he knew, would that change anything? You wondered, laughing at yourself, probably not. Neji will be Neji.

You smiled and remembered the reason you fell for him in the first place was because even though he was mean, even though he was rude...he was also kind and gentle and shy at times. So cute, you thought, feeling your anger quickly evaporate and knowing you had to make up with him.

You turned the corner of a random street and suddenly someone covers your eyes from behind. You squeaked and spun around to see who it was.

"SURPRISE ANGEL FACE!" Kiba said with a wide grin on his face," I got a present for you!"

"What is it?" you asked, raising an eyebrow at him. He pulled something from behind his back and presented to you a [animal] mask.