26. Humanity Part 2

You got up. You got dressed. You walked outside.

The sun is shimmering in the vast blue yonder above and the grass is as green as it always was. Everything seems normal.

Well, almost normal.

The door behind you slams shut and the sign reads Room 56. There has been no haunting, not after the destruction of the crystal, an event that took place more than a month ago.

You walked down the steps, Sakura is waiting for you at the bottom. Sometimes it was Neji at the bottom of the steps, sometimes it was Naruto, and sometimes it was Hinata. But whoever it was at the bottom at the steps, they couldn't change anything about what had happened at the Fire Temple.

"Sakura," You say almost monotonously, spotting the bright pink instantly.

"[name]. How are you?"

"I was doing fine until you showed up," you simply replied, brushing past the pinkette without sparing her a glance. Her bright green eyes followed you. You've been different since that night, the night you destroyed the crystal by focusing all of your chakra to the palm of your hands to crush it.

Different was an understatement, you had destroyed something everyone loved about you. Your humanity. Sakura could sense it and it worried her. She followed you, not willing to leave you alone in fear that you would become what you were truly meant to be.

"[name] please, I'm just worried about you."

"Worry about yourself, Sakura, you need to more than I do."

"Please, we're just trying to help you. We're just trying to save you," she desperately pleaded.

You laughed, not a small and innocent laugh but a laugh that chilled her to the bones," I don't need saving."

"You do, this empty person standing in front of me isn't the you I know. The [name] I know is kind and light and filled with hope and-"

"There's no hope, Sakura. I was born to die so I will die. Five years, four years from now? I can't recall but it doesn't matter whether I'm light or dark or empty or if you cry or plead or search for a cure or a Justus to undo everything. I'm going to die. And I'm okay with it. It just means I have a lot of things to do before I do," you simply say as if you were discussing the weather with the poor girl," now if you'll excuse me, I've things to do."

You dusted the saltiness off her shoulder, ignoring her shock before whirling around and casually walking off after dropping the bomb on her.

Sakura blinked, staring at the spot your once stood in. Her blood ran cold and she felt sick to her stomach. She was losing the people around her, she felt it. Sasuke was slowly slipping into the darkness and you were too.

What could she do to save the people she loved the most? She wondered, running off to the hospital to find Naruto and Sasuke.

You stood at the training ground, the one you used to train at with Neji. You held your palms out in front of you and stared down at your palms. The centers were black, burned to a crisp from you trying to conjure up your chakra at free will.

Did they only occur when they were in dire need? You wondered, snorting at the idea.

You needed power, chakra, for what you were going to do. You only had two chances to use it so you had to make sure it worked when you did. The task wasn't going to be easy but with the power of the moon deity, the possibility was still open.

You smiled at the idea but the idea fell when a soft rustle interrupted your thoughts. You whirled around, it was Neji. That fool, you thought as he walked up to you.

"What do you want?" you asked, dropping your hands to your side to hide your injuries," came here to lecture me?

"Funny," Neji mused though there wasn't a smile on his face," the last time we stood at this very training ground it was you who came to me."

"Well that's unfortunate," you hummed, tapping your index finger to your chin," I don't recall that event."

"It was the day you helped me realize."

"That you weren't a loser?"

"That I wasn't a monster."

"Are you trying to tell me that I'm a monster?" You asked, pretending to be hurt by his reference. He gazed at you with the same scowl he had the day you pressed your lips against his curse seal. The same Neji, a different you.

"I'm saying I won't give up on you because you never gave up on me."

You frowned at his response. No, you thought, you weren't the only one who changed. Neji had changed a lot too.

"What are you going to do?" You asked," are you going to give me true loves kiss to break the spell?"

He didn't say anything, just disappeared in a poof of smoke to leave you standing alone again.

You closed your eyes, ignoring the small fragment of hope that dwelled inside of you somewhere.

----

I'm trying to upload two prewritten chapters a night
So sorry if they're a little sloppy and unedited
I'm trying to upload all of them before winter break ends since I will become busy with life T___T
Anyways hope you all have an awesome New Years!