19. Voices in the Dark

Oh my lord guys thanks so much for the 2k read and the comments and likes! You guys are just soo amazing and I'm so happy like I can't even comprehend it right now. I started this thinking I wouldn't get past chapter three but now we're at 19 so thank you! Its all thanks to yall!

Also : Shout out to :

WhatKooLoser

LeeLuvsPocky

dbzlovergohan

BruhitsZoe12

TokubetsuYozora

Anime626

AnyaUchiha

----

19. Voices in the Dark 

After reluctantly wishing Neji goodnight, you wandered up the street towards the apartment complex you lived in. Apartment Complex B, one of the oldest, run down, apartment complex in Konoha. The building was shabby and even after the reconstruction of Konoha due to the invasion during the Chunin exams, the apartment kept most of it's original framework and architecture. 

It was completely silent. The only thing you could hear was your soft footsteps against the concrete and your heavy breathing. You could see the end of the short road as you made a sharp turn towards your destination.

Although you usually loved the way the moon gleamed in the sky, tonight was different. The moon was large, looming over you, peering at you as if it was laughing at you, mocking you. An ominous shiver ran down your spine. Tonight, the moon did not seem so friendly. In fact it was menacing and sinister. 

The building finally came into view. Tall and lanky against the moonlit sky. You wondered what time it was. 

2 a.m. in the morning?

3 a.m. in the morning?

It didn't matter, the way the street lights flickered along the road was enough to tell you. It was almost the witching hour.

You walked forward, keeping a steady calm pace. The truth was you would rather be outside than in your apartment. The idea of locking the door and locking the windows scared you nowadays. What if you weren't locking someone out. What if you were locking them while they were in the room with you? 

Goosebumps crawled up your arm at your dark thoughts as you approached the building. Your room was on the first floor of the apartment. Room 56, the third door down the hall on the first floor.

But what happened to room 1-53?

You had asked the landlord once but his answer was vague. He just said it was an accident that occurred many years ago. When you had questioned him what the accident was he only gave you a grim expression. What could the accident be? How could 53 rooms disappear in a whole apartment? The thought rattled you so much that by the time you reached your door, your heart was pounding. You took a deep breath and exhaled. It's all just in my head. It's all just in my head. 

You jabbed your keys into the doorknob and the street lights suddenly went out, leaving you in complete darkness. 

It was 3:00 a.m. The exact time the street lights turned off.

The door creaked open.

You walked in, trying to keep it casual. There was nothing to be afraid of, you assured yourself, flicking the light switch on.