17. My First Love Neji II #SPECIAL CHAPTER :D

17. My First Love Neji II # SPECIAL CHAPTER

It's been four years since you gave up on your dream to be with Neji, he was still your best friend and he will always be your best friend, nothing more. Even though you spent your time with Kiba, even though you tried to love him, in your heart you always knew it was Neji. He was your best friend, your soulmate, your first love. No one could fill in the spaces of your heart the way he did. 

You were sitting on the steps in front of Room 56, twirling a kunai in your hand. The Fourth Shinobi War was taking place and since you weren't legally a ninja, you spent your days in the village aiding the refugees and helping them settle in as the war raged on.

You were worried.

Your friends were out their risking their life. Neji was out there risking his life as you sat around twirling a kunai. You should be out there too, you should put your life on the line for your friends, your village, your home, your people. You had one year left to live.

You should make that last year count and do all you can to help your village.

If only Tsunade had given you permission. You weren't allowed on the front lines, specifically because you had broken the first two seal of the moon and only had one seal left. If you used your last seal you would die.

Your friends didn't want you to take any chances but right now they were the ones who were taking chances.

It wasn't fair.

You sighed heavily.

That's when you caught the sight of blood dripping on the pavement in front of you. You glanced up from the black sandals and in front of you, was the person you love the most.

"Neji?" you breathed, your eyes widening, your breath hitching. He was bleeding all over, crimson liquid was dripping from his mouth and he was holding onto the wall for support," are you okay!? What are you doing here?! Oh my god, Neji! You're hurt!" Your mind started to reel and you jumped to your feet. He was suppose to on the front line of war.

"[name]," he whispered, smiling at the sight of you, his first love," I'm so sorry."

"Sorry for what?! Neji!? You're suppose to be at the hospital! Oh my god I'm no medical ninja, I can't help you in this state!" you said rambling on, walking towards him to lend him a shoulder but Neji shook you off. 

"I'm so sorry," he said again, slightly amused by the panic on your face, by the way you ramble and ramble, by the way you constantly try to help him. For so many years, he wasn't able to see your soul, but right now he could see it. He saw how much you love him," we could have happened. We should have happened."

He was always thinking of you.

"Neji go lay down! You're hurt! I'll get go a medical ninja! Just lay down in my room and stop talking!" you begged, urging him into your apartment. He stumbled into the room before turning to look at you once more," okay don't move. Not even-"

"Shut up, I'm still talking," he laughed, pretending to be annoyed as he coughed up blood. He had always wanted you, always needed you,"I love you."

"NEJIII!" you whined, this wasn't the time to be confessing, you thought, trying not to break down in front of him from happiness and sadness.

"I honestly, completely, truly, love you,"and for the first time, he was able to confess his feelings to you. His first love.

He brushed the hair from your face and kissed your forehead tenderly, the way a best friend would.

You bit your bottom lip, trying not to burst into tears. He wanted you and you wanted him too," I'm going to get a medical nin!" you repeated to him, backing out of the room quickly.

"Okay," he murmured, finally letting you go. 

You ran next door to your neighbor and started banging on the door like a crazy woman. You weren't going to let Neji die. Not while you were alive.

Hanna yanked the door open instantly," what do you want [name]? Why do you look like you're going to cry?" Hanna asked, noticing how wreaked you had grown over the passing second. 

"Oh my god! It's Neji! He's hurt and I need you to heal him before it's too late! Hurry up!" you said rapidly, grabbing her arm and trying to drag her next door to your room but she wouldn't budge.

"What?" Hanna whispered in confusion, resting a firm hand on your shoulder," [name]..."

"Hanna!? Are you listening?! Neji is dying and I -"

"Didn't anyone-"

"Hanna! Stop talking and-"

Hanna squeezed your shoulder tightly," [name]....listen to me"

"Why aren't you following me?"you asked angrily, narrowing your eyes at her.  Didn't she care if Neji was hurt?

"[name]," Hanna began softly," there is no way you could have seen Neji today."

" What are you talking about?"

Hanna took a shaky breath before quietly breaking the news," Neji was proclaimed dead yesterday."

You dropped your grip around her arm," you're wrong. I just saw him, I saw him."

"He died protecting Hinata and Naruto."

"You're wrong," you whispered, retreating from Hanna's room as she called out to you. She was wrong. You just saw Neji. You just spoke to Neji. He had just told you he loved you. He had just told you. You raced to your apartment, faster than you ever ran before and burst through the door of your room.

It was empty.

and you were his last love. 

You woke up with a start, tears running down your face as you wiped your eyes with your sleeve. It was just a dream. It was just a dream, you calmed yourself.

----

happy april fools C: