Chapter 4

Riley's POV ~

This was ridiculous. It was like Modest! couldn't give me a break. I really just wanted everything to go back to normal: before Harry cheated or even before that. Before Niall auditioned for the X Factor.

What ifs wouldn't help me now, so I decided to think about the journey I've taken with the boys, trying to pinpoint why management hates me so much. But that turned into reminiscing about Harry and I, which turned into wanting to write more songs to keep my mind off the heartache I felt at the moment.

I ambled back to my room and swiped my keycard, quickly shuffling into the room to grab my notebook. I smiled sheepishly at the two couples, who were laying on both beds spooning. "You make me sick," I joked as I exited the room. I walked across the hall and knocked, accidentally knocking on Niall's door instead of Zayn and Harry's.

He opened the door, his blonde hair disheveled. His eyes widened as I walked past him and into Zayn and Harry's room through the adjoining door. Zayn and Harry were playing Call of Duty on the complimentary Xbox when I walked in. They were sitting on the edge of the two beds, elbows on knees.

"I don't really want to be with the couples or be alone, so you two are my only option," I spoke when Harry looked confused.

"C'mere," the curly brunette smiled, pulling me into his body. I sat between his legs, watching him and Zayn play the video game.

"It hurts," I finally spoke after a few minutes.

"Your side?" Harry asked. "It should."

"Can I see?" Zayn asked excitedly.

"That's not what I meant, but sure..." I slightly laughed, pulling up my shirt slightly.

"Never Again?" Zayn said questioningly. "What does it mean?"

"It's kind of a play on words, y'know? Niall promised 'Never again will I let anyone hurt you,'" I said, using air quotes around what Niall said. "And I won't let myself get hurt again, ergo Never Again."

"I like that," Zayn said thoughtfully, letting my words sink in. "But it's mainly Modest!'s fault."

"Still."

"There's no need to explain," Harry whispered, kissing my temple.

Niall poked his head in, "Do you want to go get food?"

Harry and I exchanged a look and I placed my head on his shoulder. He pulled me into a hug, rubbing my back as he spoke, "I think I'll order room service."

"I'm getting Nando's," Niall offered. "What do you say, Riley?"

I took a shaky breath, holding onto Harry to support me since I felt the ground shaking beneath me. He squeezed me tighter then answered for me, "We're fine with hotel food."

"I'll come," Zayn piped up, pausing the CoD game.

He followed Niall out of the room, Demi taking his place. I almost groaned out loud, but caught myself. A tear slipped down my cheek as I laid back on Harry's bed. "You alright?" Demi questioned, walking towards me.

"No," I answered, not finding the strength to put up the fight. I looked at the clock on the table - 20:19. I just wanted to cry and cuddle with my boyfriend.

Speaking of which, my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Nialler (:

I would do absolutely anything right now to be able to snuggle up next to you, bury my head in your shoulder, and interlock my fingers with yours. I would kill to send Demi home and scream to the world that we're in love. I'd be able to look at you and lean in for a kiss whenever I wanted. God, I wish I could.