Chapter 6

Riley's POV ~

My phone started vibrating in my back pocket, signalling I had a text message, waking me from my much needed sleep.

Ashton! :)

I love sitting first class because then I can text my favourite person ever ;) yay wifi! But we'll be landing around 12:40 apparently. The boys can't wait to meet you! xx

To Ashton! :)

Tell them I say hi :) and when you after come through customs and all that jazz, please give me a huge hug. I need it. x

Ashton! :)

Sure can do, sweet thaaang ;) x

A smile crept across my face at Ashton's stupidity, but was immediately replaced with a frown when I heard Niall's voice coming from the back sofas.

"Hey, Dem. I miss you," he said sweetly, the way he talks - used to talk - to me. After yesterday's events, we kissed and made up to an extent. As long as Demi's around, I'll always feel distant to my Nialler, even if he tries his hardest to avoid it.

"I know, baby, I know," I heard again, my heart shattering. "I'll see you soon, though. I promise."

"Niall, stop," I whispered to myself, burying myself deeper into my bunk.

"Riley?" Harry called out, wandering back towards the bunks.

"What?"

"Lunch is ready," he said, pulling back my curtain.

"'m not hungry. Give my food to Niall or something." I haven't eaten much in the last week because I've been too heartbroken to even look at food.

"You sure?" he asked, ruffling my hair.

I nodded, tears brimming in my eyes as I heard Niall continue to say sweet things into his phone. "Make him stop," I whispered, a line tear trickling down my cheek.

"Niall, hang up. It's lunchtime," Harry instructed, keeping his gaze on my face.

"I gotta go, babe, but I'll ring you soon," Niall spoke before hanging up.

I sniffled as he passed Harry and I, attempting to let him know I was hurt. But he kept walking, focusing on the smell of food wafting around the bus.

"Fucking hell," I cursed, tears wetting my pillow and I bit hardly onto the fabric. "Ash, hurry up."

"It's 11:30, so I'll eat really fast and we'll leave, yeah?" Harry smiled, kissing my forehead.

I nodded into my pillow and Harry disappeared, off to eat his lunch. My phone lit up, making me smile.

Snapchat from Ashton! :)

I unlocked my phone and pressed on the notification. It was a pixel-y video of Luke and Calum bickering across the aisle of the plane, then swiftly moved to Michael, who waved and smiled at the camera on Ashton's phone. "Hi Riley!" Michael said before the video finished and vanished.

I took a picture of myself in my dark bunk and added the caption Please get here sooner xx and sent it. Immediately after I closed out of the app, Harry came back into the room and smiled gently. "You ready?"

"I have to change quickly... Can I borrow a sweater? Preferably you're white one?"

He nodded, pulling it out of his dresser. I threw it on over the shirt I was already wearing and searched my own dresser for my black leggings. Once found, I slipped my legs into them and grabbed my black Vans. "Ready," I said plainly.