C H 1 P T E R

┍━━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━━┑

#1: 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

┕━━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━━┙

Present time.

MIN YUNGJI

“First day of classes and you're already late, Ms. Min?”

The teacher who you don't even know the name, says as you enter the classroom.

You placed yourself on one of the seats at the back of the room, not even giving the lady a response. Murmurs are soon heard around the place which you're betting is about your rudeness to the teacher. You didn't even bother reacting to what the students before you are talking about as you let your eyes stare the view outside.

The teacher clears her throat. “Your classmates already introduced themselves so I would not let them do it again just because of you. You were the one that arrived late so deal with it.”

Casually turning your head to look at her, you reply. “Suit yourselves. I wouldn't careless.” You shrug.

Judging by her reaction, you can tell that she doesn't like your attitude already which made the corner of your lip quirk up. Taking a breath, she looked at you one more time before announcing that she'll be starting the lessons now.

You sigh, putting your elbow on the table as you rest your chin on your now open palm. Your eyes are on the teacher yet the words that she's saying seems to be alien words to you. At this point, you're just looking at her without even hearing a single thing about what she's blabbering about. Not even trying anymore, you let your eyes roam boredly around the room.

The atmosphere in the room is quiet with the teacher's voice as the only source of noise. Since it's just the first day of school, students are obviously still tamed. But give it a week or two and surely, each class would be almost unbearable for teachers. At the other side of the room, you eye two random guys that are sitting by each other. It seems like they were listening carefully to what the lady was saying, the guy at the side even taking notes even though the teacher haven't written anything on the board just yet. Looking at the guy, you eye his lips that are subtly moving but then would casually close as the lady looks at their side. The two of them were totally talking or perhaps, whispering to each other about who knows what. Leaving them be, you watch another pair of girls this time that are sitting in the front. You notice a small piece of paper being passed as soon as the lady isn't looking. Looking around once more, it dawned to you that even though almost complete silence filled the room, not every student is listening to what the lady is saying.

You mentally snicker. ‘Poor woman.’

A sudden reflection of light suddenly caught your attention, making you turn to your right to look at its source. There sitting in the center of the class two girls that are not so subtly chatting with each other. You eye the make up set that is completely hidden to the teacher's view as it was below one of the girls table placed on her lap. You watch as her hand went from the table to the side of her ear, there you realize where did the reflection came from. Finally locking the accessory, she put a small mirror on her table and leaned to check the shining earring she wore.

Just as you were about to take your eyes off them, a memory suddenly comes into mind. You looked at the earring as it shines once again.

You huff as you close the door behind you. It was currently past lunch time and classes are already starting. You didn't attend yours because you didn't made an activity that is supposed to be passed for this day and you really don't feel like dealing with detention, so here you are. Taking a few steps forward, you stop to look at the place. You're in the gym that the members of the swimming club uses. You eye the light blue reflection on the high ceiling that comes from the lights in the pool before trailing your eyes down to it. The water seems to wave more than usual which you guess means that someone, probably a swimmer, just used the pool a few moments before you entered. You looked at the shower rooms and waited for a bit for someone to go out, yet no one does.