C H 1 4 P T E R

┍━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┑

#14: 𝘘𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

┕━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━┙

MIN YUNGJI

The next day came rather slower than you expected.

It was already past eight in the morning as you left the house, not bothering to check if your brother is awake or if he ate already. Closing the gates behind you, you walk your way to the station leisurely.

You and Yoongi still aren't on good terms, at least not yet talking to each other. You realized that you spent a few hours outside yesterday as you got home nearly at dinner time and noticed the back yard door and gate closed. The house filled with nothing but silence as you entered which made you think that he must be in their house with his friends.

Looking down at the pavement as you walk, you were suddenly reminded by the sudden 'reunion' you had the previous day. After saying his name he seemed to recognize you as well, blinking his eyes still in confusion yet his lips slightly formed an excited smile.

You remembered finding the two of you seated in front of each other in some cafe. You weren't really sure what was the shop's name as you let Jihoon lead you while you were busy thinking about the times you were together.

The atmosphere was awkward at first as if you didn't know each other since you were still wearing diapers. Building the courage you didn't notice to take absence in the first place, you initiated the conversation by asking how is he.

There started your conversation and reminiscing your childhood memories. Him even asking once about your brother. You stayed silent for a while, saying that he's fine and currently doing his own kinds of stuff that he tends to do when he felt like it.

He suddenly asked if you remember a specific time where the four of you were playing by the grasses of your old house. You and your bother along with two young boys were childhood friends, Lee Jihoon being one of them. You chuckle at his question, answering him a 'of course I do, that was memorable the most'.

It was the time where the four of you were playing outside, just like any other day until the little version of Jihoon came up with a clever idea. The four of you have your own most valuable possession, you with your skateboard, your brother with his piano, Jihoon with his guitar while the other boy was a journal. Jihoon remembered his father saying that he accidentally bought a pack of sticker papers instead of the plain ones, so he gave Jihoon the permission to use it to whatever he wants. He suggested them to create their own logo.

It wasn't really a logo, to be honest. It was more of a thing that reminds the four of you, a reminder of your friendship.

You smiled when the two of you talked about it, saying "That's why I pulled it off of my old skateboard and put it on my new one, as you can see from earlier." as you gesture the board laying beside your feet. "It's the only memory I have of the four of us together, I don't want to lose it as well."

Slightly smiling to yourself, you put your hands in your skirt's pocket as you now bring your head up, paying attention to your surroundings.

Turning at the end of the alley, you sigh as you caught glimpse of the station from afar. Still taking your time walking, you suddenly felt something weird.