Chapter 8

Yusei looked at the creature, sleeping peacefully, on Luna's lap. It seemed it has taken a liking to her, just as he thought. Her ability the Crimson Dragon gave her was able to push past his fear and reach the animal's spirit.
It started to kick, mind lost in the nightmare. Luna put her hand on it's head, she gasped and pulled her hand from it's head. She threw her arms around the creature's neck and let out a sob. Leo was right there next to her, hand on her moving back. Yusei crouched down to her, also trying to calm her down.
The creature woke with a jolt, kicking Leo in the process. It looked around. Then, noticed that that Luna was crying. It licked away a tear. She giggled. "I should be the one conforting you, Phantom." The creature looked shocked. Then let it's gaze fall to the floor. Yusei looked at Luna.
"I will explain. Leo can you stay here?" She pushed Phantom off her lap. She got up and headed up the stairs to the kitchen, Yusei in tow. "I saw his memories. I know what he is and who he was before," she explained calmly. "His name is Danny Fenton. There was a lab accident that had changed him. I think his DNA structure changed or something, but he became half ghost. He gained the name Danny Phantom and he started to protect his home town," she took a shakey breath, "he told his parents after a year. They called an orginazation called the Guys in White. They...... They dissected him and beat him. They gave him barely any food and water. He finally escaped and passed out. He woke up here as an..... an.... Umbreon? Is that right?" She turned to Danny, who nodded.
Yusei bent down to Danny and stroked his head. At least, now we know his name, he thought. How was he going to explain this to Crow and Jack? As if on cue, they walked through the door. Great, now would be the best time for an excuse.