chapter o4

chapter four
fire and the flood
- katwritings
Dog Eared Page is my fav Jaylos fanfic k?

•   •   •

[ Cruella's Finest ]
[ Third Person ]

Carlos sat on his bed, his a back arched and spine scraping the head board as he shifted his body to look at his fashion prints and then to the full scale on the mannequin. The blue design that he had taken from Evie's book a few weeks ago had been his worst outcome yet, and it baffles him how it looked so shabby.

"You're going to burst your blood vessel if you keep thinking that hard," Calista said, walking in the room with various fabrics and bags on her arms. Brody rolled his eyes as he put down his magazine.

"Shut up, Cat, don't get him riled up anymore than he is," Brody hissed, sliding off of Caiden's bed and wandering over to the desk - that Carlos had in the center of the room - where Calista dropped everything at.

"Riled up? What'd he do?" Carlos shook his head as he leant over, taking the pencil from behind his ear and tracing a light cape on the dress design.

"The Cheshire kids crashed Audrey's choir practice, the Gaston twins ruined the Tourney field, and to top it off, Parker and Ally destroyed the cafeteria as well as a bunch of the other kids," Brody explained, Calista standing there without batting an eyelash.

"Sounds like a simple Monday to me," She said, her tone stiff as she shifted her eyes.

"Spill," Carlos ordered, not even looking up as he quickly sketched a flowery hat. Calista went wide eyed.

"What?" She asked, trying to act coolly as she realized she had been caught.

"You know something," Carlos tore his eyes away from his work and looked at her coldly, "Spill it."

"I don't know what you're talking about," She stammered, standing her ground even when Carlos got off the bed, the terrifying gleam in his eyes.

"Want to try again, darling?" he asked wickedly, his tone too sweet for the look she was getting. Her breath hitched when Carlos backed her up against a wall. "Now you tell me what you know or you're going to end up dead before you can count to three."

"Carlos, I don-," He smacked her hard across the face, startling her and Brody as he held her up by her shoulders.

"Try again," he said through gritted teeth, his eyes dark as he kept her pinned.

"I told you! I do-" He clawed down her arm, ripping the skin open as blood splattered onto the hardwood floor. Brody stood there wide eyed and hand over his mouth as he tried to keep quiet. Calista yowled at the pain, her eyes stinging as the skin was burning.

"One last time," Carlos leant down to grab her chin roughly in his hands as he yanked her face up to look at him. "What aren't you telling me?"

There was a few seconds of silence, the only sound being Calista's running nose and the blood dripping onto the floor.

"Dr. Facilier is your father," She finally whispered, her voice giving out as her head spun. She felt Carlos' grip tighten on her chin and jaw as her oxygen was getting cut off.

He kneed her in the neck, her body going limp at impact as he dropped her and stormed out of the room, grabbing a coat on the way. Brody rushed over to his sister, running his hands through her hair before picking her up and taking her to the bathroom to clean her up.