chapter o9

chapter nine
the mighty fall
- katwritings
I hate writing this ughughugh

• • •

[ Third Person ]
[ Three Idiots + Jane ]

The four had decided that, hey, sleep is for the weak, and they should just go out and look for a psychotic, sociopathic genius who could kill them whenever he wants.

Because that's just soo safe.

That's just Jane's opinion though.

Currently, the four of them had managed to just barely sneak out of the school courtyard, slipping past the night guards and into the thin patch of woods that blocked of vision of a large highway to the city. But, of course, they'd have to walk to the beautiful Downtown Auradon, because Audrey wasn't around to let them borrow her car. And to really top it all off, it was still raining.

"Was this really a good idea?" Jane asked, shivering under Chad's jacket as she held it up over her, already severely wet, hair.

"I think it's pretty fun," Jay responded, not looking back at her as he kept his lead at the front of the group. He spun around on his heel? walking backwards. "I can get some pretty awesome photos."

"Yes, photos at night in the rain, fantastic idea," Jane groaned, already having enough of it.

"Wouldn't you like to see a super grungy, rainy, raw photo of yourself?" Jay asked, turning back around. Chad and Ben shared a look at that.

None of the Royals had ever though of taking any pictures if they weren't beautiful from head to toe. Which meant no flash, no low angles, good lighting, and he absolute best posture. Grunge material, is often the opposite of that.

"Seriously, none of you have?" Jay began pulling out his phone from his zipped up pocket. "Once we get to bridge over the river, you're gonna be in awe."

Jay left no for argument as he already began to take slightly larger steps with a slightly faster pace that had Jane nearly tripping on herself as she walking in four inch wedges.

Oh, what a day for the young Jane Fairy.

And they strode on. Their shoes squeaked and they nearly slipped on the road, but Jay was the one that laughed at it. He had grown up with this weather, he'd grown up to following villains around streets for whatever reason. He grew up as a child to being in the rain just for fun. And that scared Jane just a tad bit when she realized that's what she was doing herself.

"How often did you chase after Carlos on the Isle?" Chad asked, not seeming to understand the gravity of the question. Jay let out an awkward cough and tripped over his foot but fixed himself quickly.

"Uh.. I - Perhaps, maybe, probably twice?" Jay supplied and Ben quirked an eyebrow at him.

"So this wasn't common for you?" Jane asked, trying to relieve her own thoughts.

"Oh no, it was," Jay said quickly, and Jane get her face get hot of embarrassment. "Normally Mal and I would go after a few minor villains. Often enough we chased after Gaston and Captain Hook for some gold that Evil Queen wanted." Jay smiled at the memory.