Chapter 1

"Well fudge!" I say running from the mall police. Hi! My name is Jessica, but most people call me Jess. The reason I'm running from the mall police is because I want to 'borrow' something and they won't let me. As I'm running I pull a shoe rack on display down, just to slow em' down. "COME BACK HERE!" The one buff dude shouts. "LEMME THINK ABOUT THAT.....NOPE!" I say running towards the exit. "Ha! FREE!" Then suddenly I smack into a muscular figure. I look up and see a police officer. "Uh... Hi." I say with a cheesy smile.

*********

I'm sitting at a desk with handcuffs on, the reason why is because I got kind of a rep... Let's just say I've gotten to know every police office in this building. "Jess, you need to stop committing these little felonys." Says police officer Sarah. "Well you guys are so easy to get away from. Most of you all are jelly donut filled fatties." I say with a smirk. "You think your funny don't you?" Sarah says. "I think I'm adorable." I say with a smirk.

"I'm going to call your foster parents to come get you... Stay here." As she walks away I look to make sure no ones watching and I swing my chair around and pick up a safety pin from her desk. That girl is so stupid! Don't ever leave safety pins on a desk with a unsupervised petty thief. I fiddle with the lock and then I hear *click!* "yes!" I whisper. I don't know how but I sneaked past the police, I gave myself a pat on the back after the sneaking was over. I'm not going back to those horrible foster parents.

Let me explain why I'm in a foster home. My parents died in a car crash when I was 16 years old. We were on our way home from my band performance and it was raining. We were crossing a bridge and so was a drunk driver. We had a head on collision with the driver and the car tumbled a bit then I crashed into the water. I luckily unbuckled my seat belt before we hit the water, but my parents were passed out before we hit the water. After we was in the water I punched the glass and eventually broke it. I tried shaking my parents to get them to wake up but they were already dead.

A week later I was in a foster home and at first they seemed so nice, but that was just an act. After a while they started to get grumpy then angry, then abusive. But nobody ever did anything, they thought I was lying just to get out of a foster home. And then after that I started the 'Thug Life' old me would never do this but something changed after the accident and after the abusive foster parents. As I'm walking it starts to sprinkle, then it rains heavily. "Well noodles!" I run underneath a buss stop and sit on the bench. Why do I have such a crappy life now? God if your listening, I need your help, please. At the word 'please' I break down in a sob.

After sitting on the bench for a little while the rain stops and it's about 10:30 and all of the sudden I hear, "Hey girl! What's a pretty lady like you doin' down here?" The teenagers New Jersey accent makes me cringe. "I'm definitely not here to look at your dog ugly face." I say, "ooh we got a feisty one boys!" He says with a smirk. Him and 4 other trashy boys walk up to me. Please don't kill me, please, please! "Your quite pretty.... The things I'd like to do to you.... Mmm." I cringe when he caresses my cheek. "Get away from me you dog!" I quickly run in the opposite direction, running for my life.

I hear running footsteps behind me. Come on Jess! Lose them! NOW! I'm running then I turn the corner and then I run for a little while more and turn another corner. "Come on little lady! I won't hurt you!" The gang leader says. I hurry and hide underneath a car. After 3 minutes I see all of their feet keep running while I'm under the car, and I watch them until their no longer in sight. I roll out from underneath the car and run in the opposite direction. What can I say? I LOVE running. I'm sprinting in the street with only the street lights lighting up the road as I'm in the middle of the road running, breathing in the cool air, finally away from those creeps and away from the fosters.

*******

"Miss."
"Missy wake up."
"Huh? Oh I'm sorry." I say to a lady, she looks like she's in her 30's. "You can't sleep here, sorry." She don't look like she's sorry at all. "Okay, whatever." I say, I get up from the park bench and look around to see a husband and wife talking as their little girl plays with a dog. I wish I could join that family. I walk towards the side walk and look to see where I'm at. I'm definitely in a different part of town. I look around to try to find a sign to tell me where I'm at. "Ah! The parks sign." I walk over the the parks sign and it says, 'Welcome to Jamesburg Park!' "What?!" I say almost catching the attention of everybody on the side walk, how did I make it from Monroe to Jamesburg?!

As I'm walking I spot a boy in the ally kicking something. I walk over to see what he's kicking and whatever it is its in a garbage bag...whining! "Hey! Come here!!!" The boy stops and looks at me, "What do you want? Can't you see I'm in the middle of something!?" I give him a death glare, "what kind of messed up person are you?! Give me the dog!" He looks at me then looks at the bag, with a evil look he says, "Go ahead take him, he's no use to me."
I run over to the garbage bag and pull out the puppy. "Hey there little guy..... Shhhh, it's okay, the bad man is gone..." He's a pit bull puppy and he looks like he's starving.

I carry him to the park bench and pet and kiss all over him. "You hungry? Me too." He makes a little whine and licks his cuts, he must be only 3 months old. I'm looking around me trying to find food, then I see a old lady giving the birds bread, BIG chunks of bread. "Well she don't need all of that bread anyway." I say to the pup. I have him in my arms and carry him over with me to the little old lady. "Um miss." I say, she looks up at me with a smile on her face, "oh hello dear!....what happened to the puppy?" She looks at him then looks at me. I explain where I got him and I say, "Me and him are hungry and I was wondering if you'd give us a little bread..." She looks at me and smiles. "Better yet! Come home with me and I'll cook you dinner for you and your pup!" I look at her and tears well up in my eyes. "Okay, thank you so much!"

********

I'm sitting at the table and she lays out baked beans and mash potatoes and barbecue chicken and gives the pup ALOT of chicken in his food bowl. "Thank you so much." I say over and over, "It's no problem!.....so how did you end up on the streets?" She says, wow she's straight forward. I explain my parents then the fosters and the police station. "Wow so you went through a lot of stuff, I'm really sorry." She says, "It's okay.... At least I'm safe." I look down and see the pup all done with his food and he wants more. "Here you go little pup." She gives him 3 more pieces of chicken and he starts eating. After we're done I say, "Well me and him are off, thank you so much for your hospitality!" She looks at me and says, "Oh dear! You don't have to go! I have a spare bedroom then you can head off tomorrow. Sounds good?" "Sounds good." I say with a smile.

I lay in bed with my pup by my side, stroking his short fur. "Well pup I guess I should name you." He perks up his head and makes the bed shake from his excitement. "Hmm, your all black with two different colored eyes, ones dark brown and the other is white...." I think for a minute. I want his name to sound strong..."Thanos?" His body jumps up and starts licking my face. "Ha! Okay! Okay! Thanos your going to wake up the Little old lady." I didn't catch her name. Then I fall asleep.

______________________________

Hey the author here!

Jess has been through a lot right? YES!

But that's not all....Lets just say I have a Christian Grey in mind for her!!! EEK!

Okay! Bye LOVE you!!

(And if any y'all wanna suggest ideas message me!)