Chapter 1: Out with the Weak

Disclaimer: All characters belong to Hiro Mashima. All rights are reserved to FUNimation.

The blue-haired solid script mage made her way down the streets of Magnolia with her teammates tagging along. Jet and Droy merrily skipped down the street after her.

"You sure about this Levy?" Jet spoke up.

"Wouldn't it be better for you to stay at the girls' dorm with Laki?" Droy added.

"It's fine! No problem. We're a team, right?" she cheerfully hummed.

"Oh Levy!" Jet and Droy both cheered, falling backwards in her reassurance.

She giggled and began to spin around as they strolled the streets. Little did they know that they were being watched.

"Tch.." the Iron mage looked down upon them from the building above, disgusted at the sight of trash before him.

"Gihi.. Time to leave a little surprise for the fairies.." He whispered to him self.

And with that he hurled himself at them, aiming straight for Levy.

-------

Levy sensed his magic darting for them.

She turned around, facing the dark iron mage.

"Jet, Droy, look out!" she tackled them over, dodging the attacker.

Gajeel hissed at his failed attack, landing just a few feet away from them,  turning around to face the bluenette.

Jet and Droy quickly stood to their feet, pulling Levy up with them.

"Wh-who are you?!" Levy cried out, standing in front of Jet and Droy in a protective manner.

"Hehehe"

His sinister chuckled, sent a trickle of fear down Levy's spine.

"Whoever you are, you're not going to touch our Levy!" Jet stepped forward, trying to hide Levy behind him.

"Yeah!" Droy chimed in, also taking a step to protect her.

"Oh really now?" Gajeel huffed.

Without warning, his fist transformed into a large, Iron club.

Jet and Droy tensed up, but were certain to keep Levy safe.

"Levy run!" Droy called out.

"Never! I'm not leaving you two, we're a team remember?! We'll fight this together!"

Jet and Droy both nodded, shifting into their fighting position.

"AHAHA!" Gajeel roared, laughing at the mere sight of the pathetic team. "Let's see what you trash got in store!!"

He thrashed his Iron club towards them. Levy and Jet jumped out of the way in time, but it was too late for Droy. The clash of Iron hitting his face was a sound that tore at Levy's heart. Her teammate fell to the ground, already unconscious after one blow.

"Droy!" Levy cried.

"Damn you.." Jet spat.

He began his attack towards Gajeel using his speed magic to run in wild circles around the man he now shed hatred towards.

Levy didn't hesitate.

"Solid Script: Fire!" She yelled out, hurling a flamed words towards Gajeel, hitting him in the back of the head while he was distracted by Jet.