Chapter 10: Freeze

Levy's small, dainty hands were concealed by Gajeel's as they ran up the hill top to the nearest cave.

"This'll keep us hidden for now.." Laxus whispered.

"I CAN'T BELIEVED WE LEFT HIM!" Natsu cried out.

"Natsu.." Erza sighed. "Master knows what he's doing."

"Oh yeah! He's getting himself killed!" Natsu answered.

Levy stayed there motionless as the thoughts of losing Master reminisced through her head.

"We can't leave him.." She finally whispered.

Everyone turned to face Levy.

"We just can't. We have a duty to our guild.. We have a duty to the master."

"But he sai-" Lucy began.

"No." Levy hushed her. "He may have said it but listen."

She clenched her eyes as sounds of the master struggling against Acnologia echoed in the cave.

"You see.." she whispered out a sob. "He needs our help. If any of you are too coward to fight for your master then stay here. Though I'm a weakling, I'll fight till there's no drop of magic left in my bones."

Levy suddenly stood up tall and looked over everyone.

"Levy no! Are you insane!?" Gajeel barked and put his arm over her to sit her down.

"Yes. I'm completely insane enough for those I care for!" She hissed back and threw his arm off of her.

He stood there speechless and stared at her.

"Now who's with me?" she said and began exiting the cave.

"L-Levy no wait!" Gajeel chased after her.

"I am!!" Natsu sung and went after them.

Everyone in the cave exchanged looks and nodded.

"WE ARE!" They all rushed out of the cave.

Now everyone was charging after Acnologia, ready to save their Master.

Seeing Levy stand up as she did, Gajeel's feelings had developed stronger for the little woman. He knew she was strong, but not this strong hearted. She opened up his eyes to how capable such a small person can be.

"Gramps!" Natsu bellowed and sent a fire dragon's roar towards the beast.

"You brats! I told you to leave!" Makarov yelled.

"What would be the fun in that?" Laxus smirked and sent bolts of lightning towards the dragon.

Master's tears fell and a smile lit his face.

Levy was sending all her script magic could assist her with, Gajeel throwing iron punches right next to her.

They seemed fearless, ruthless, it seemed as if they were winning... but they were wrong.

A sharp claw suddenly grasped Levy and sent her flying with a scream.

"LEVY!" Gajeel roared and went after her.

He picked her up and examined her.

"I-I'm okay" She said as blood ran down her cheek, she began limping back to the fight.

Suddenly Acnologia went bazurk  and sent the master and everyone flying.

Everyone weakly picked themselves up off the ground.

"So this is it.. we go together. We aren't going to make it.." Lucy cried.

Natsu rushed over to her side. "We have.. each other." He whispered and took her hand.

"Natsu.." She breathed.

"Even if this is our final moment.. at least we're together as a family" Elsa wept and took Natsu's other hand.

Everyone joined hands and made a circle. They were all looking at each other, tear filled eyes, sharp breaths, but they all let out a smile to one another. Because at least they had each other.

"G-Gajeel.. I have something to tell you before I die" Levy whispered..a tear falling.

He looked over at her.

" I..." she began. "I lo-"

*woosh*

Suddenly everything went pitch black for them and the whole island sunk into the water. There was a rumbling sound of the waves enveloping the small land. One small figure skated across the water. Long blonde hair flowing, a small smile, a single tear dropping to the water. Mavis had frozen them, their life, growing stages, everything was paused. She stood as she watched Acnologia take flight with confusion as to where the island went.

"See you in a little bit.. Fairies." She whispered and disappeared along with the island.

{Hey guys I'm sorry this is really short and one of the shortest things I've written but I didn't want to leave you hanging for too long. I'll be updating a full chapter, very lengthy soon! I promise! Thank you <3 Please vote/comment/follow it would mean a lot! :) }