Chapter 8: Wait What?

Levy's POV:

After Elfman and Gajeel were done talking, I continued stitching up Gajeel's wounds. The awkward silence was killing me. I was stitching up the last wound on Gajeel's side. Every brush of his skin against mine, sent that small electric shock throughout my body.

"And done." I said as I finished up the stitching.

"Thanks shrimp." He muttered.

"It was nothing" I sang as I stood up. "You should get some rest, you must be exhausted. I'm gonna go help out Lisanna and Mirajane."

He nodded his head and slowly shut his eyes. I felt a grin tugging at my lips, thinking of what just occurred between me and Gajeel.

"How is he doing?" Lisanna asked me as I walked out of the tent.

"He's good, stable at least.." I sighed and took the seat next to her.

"Levy you also have wounds, here let me help."

"Oh Lisanna, it's fine really." I insisted.

"Is this really fine?" She asked as she held out a small pocket mirror.

My eyes went dark when the long gash down my neck bled. I was too busy worrying about Gajeel that I didn't even think twice about myself. I looked.. Oh goodness I can't believe Gajeel could call me beautiful after seeing myself like this. I had a large bruise on my left cheek, a long cut down my neck.. I looked down to examine more of my body. My dress was now in shreds, my skin exposed around my upper thighs and breasts. I squeaked and covered up, which only made my wounds hurt more.

"Hehe.." Lisanna giggled at me. "I'll get you some new clothes after we stitch you up!"

I nodded and she began healing me.

It only took about 10 minutes, since I didn't have many wounds. It was just that gash I was worried about, I hope it won't leave a scar.

"Levy, Lisanna!" Erza's voice rang.

Lisanna and I both whipped our heads around to face her.

Oh no.. It was her, Lucy, Natsu, Gray, Juvia, Master Makarov, and.. Laxus?? It looked like they had been beaten to a pulp.

"Over here!" I shouted as I began clearing a tent for them.

"I'm here!" Wendy sang and had Charle, her white exceed feline, swept her down to meet us.

"Okay Wendy, I know this will take a lot of your magic energy," I began and grabbed her hands into mine, "But you have to heal them."

She nodded. "Just leave it to me Levy!" She threw up a fist and began on Master Makarov and worked her way down.

"I'll be helping as well!"' Erza boasted.

-___- Why is she wearing a sexy nurse outfit..? I rolled my eyes and chuckled at her.

"Okay well you can take Laxus and Lucy. I have to go check up on Gajeel."

With that, I walked out of their tent and into Gajeel's where he lay fast asleep. I liked the way his face looked when he was asleep. So calm, no creases or worry lines, just relaxed. He looked.. Beautiful.

I felt the blush creep up on my cheeks and I smiled at him and sat down beside his bed mat.

"What was I gonna do without you Gajeel.. If you didn't make it, if I didn't make it in time.." My eyes began to water. "I need you now. No matter how much I try telling myself I don't, I will always need you" I whispered.

I wiped away the single tears that fell and stood up.

"It's my turn to protect you now. No ifs, ands, or buts about it." I announced and walked out of the tent.