Chapter 7: It's My Turn to Protect You

Levy's POV:

I've been walking with Gajeel on my back for what seemed like forever.. My bones felt like they were crippling and my back was on fire. I should be arriving at the camp grounds soon, thank goodness.

"Sh-Shrimp" I heard him whisper.

"Gajeel what is it."

"Shrimp.. get away. It's n-not safe.."

He was dreaming.

"Levy..." He whispered against my neck, sending chills down my aching spine.

I looked down at his face and he was still asleep.

"Gah! There aren't any Fairy Tail wizards here!"

My head snapped towards the voice.

Damn. Grimoire heart forces are surrounding us, I have to hide. I looked around until I came across a hedge, I laid Gajeel down behind it and ducked down next to him. I peeked my head through the hedge bushes and about 10 Grimoire Heart guards were in sight.

That's way too many to take on myself.. and Gajeel's out cold. I guess we'll have to wait until they leave. I hope they leave soon because I don't know how much longer Gajeel can hold up.

I looked down and watched his face as he lay unconscious.

"Gajeel." I whispered to him. "I'm gonna keep you safe. You're going to get stitched up, you're going to be okay. I promise.."

His face was peaceful, just like after the fight with Laxus that left him unconscious. I decided to lay beside him and keep hidden behind the tall green leaves, since the guard weren't clearing out any time soon.

I watched over him as he rested. The way his breathing would hitch every now and then, would scare me. I had to get him out of here.

"Yeah this place is clear.." A Grimoire Heart guard boasted.

He stepped out right in front of us, on the other side of the hedge. His feet were right at my face. I clasped my mouth shut, keeping in my hard breathing.

Please go away.. please go away.

He finally stomped away along with his other guard mates. Thank goodness, now I can get Gajeel back to the camp safely.

"Gajeel.." I lightly tapped on his shoulder to see if he could gain consciousness. "Hey Gajeel.." I whispered.

He was still out cold. I sighed and pulled my aching body up, along with his and steadily placed him on my back.

I swear I could feel my spine snapping in two, I was pushing myself to the limit of what I could take. But I had to.. for Gajeel..

I could no longer feel my legs, so walking wasn't a problem. My back felt like a scorching blaze, every step crunching my spine with Gajeel's weight against mine.

 "Levy!" I heard a gasp.

I looked up dreary eyes. It was Lisanna. She was running over, surely to help us.

"Oh.." I sighed. "We made it.."

I felt my legs going weak.

"My goodness what happened?!" Lisanna gushed. "You guys got attacked too?!"

Too...?

I looked over at the camp tent and my heart sank as my eyes trailed over an unconscious Elfman, Evergreen, and Mirajane.

"They're alright.. But let's get Gajeel into the tent and aid him." She reached out for Gajeel.

I pulled away from her help. "No. I got it. I told him I'd get him here and I did, I want to help him."