Chapter 5: Back from Edolas

Author's note: Alright everyone here's chapter 5! :) They never show Gajeel introducing Lily to Levy so I decided I'd write it! Plus I'm speeding the story up here and going to write about the exam on Tenroujima island right after everyone gets back!  I know that's not how it goes in the anime but this is a fan fiction after all, and I just really want to speed up on the romance half. Anyways, enjoy this chapter :3

"WHAT?!" Levy exclaimed, practically falling out of her seat.

"Yeah Levy-chan it was the strangest thing!" Lucy explained.

"So.. Edolas Me and You hated each other?! And I was a tough, hard-headed, witch who could care less about reading?!" Levy couldn't believe her ears.

Jet and Droy's heads snapped around to face Levy, their faces shocked.

Lucy giggled at her and nodded "Yeah it was really something! I'm just glad everything's back to normal now."

Levy smiled at her and turned her attention to look around the guild. She still hadn't seen Gajeel since the whole Edolas incident which kind of bummed her out. She sighed and sunk her head down to rest her chin on the table and stared down at it. Suddenly two small black paws stepped into her sight on the table.

"Hm?" Levy looked up to a small, black exceed who was staring at her.

"Oi." The little black teddy bear exceed huffed.

"Oh hey you're new! You're like Happy and Carla!" Levy pounced up in her seat.

He nodded and chuckled.

"Hey shrimp, I see ya met my cat!" Gajeel boasted, slamming a fist down into the table as he took a seat next to her.

She jumped up and turned to face him.

"Gajeel, there you are. Sheesh I haven't seen you all day."

"Hm?" He raised a brow. "Were you looking for me?"

She blushed and swatted her hand around. "Pft no no no no I was just wondering where you were since everyone else had returned I was just concerned if something had happened to you, but now I see that your fine. So anyways who is this cute little guy?" She turned her attention to the exceed, changing the subject.

He smirked and turned his attention to him.

"This is Lily. Panther Lily, my cat"

"Pleased to meet you." Lily nodded, sticking out his paw for a handshake.

She gladly accepted it and shook it, smiling wide.

"Lily? What a cute name for such a cute little guy like you!" she bubbled and picked him up to sit him down in her lap.

"Tch, he ain't no pet to snuggle with, Shrimp" Gajeel snared.

"Aw come on this adorable guy needs some loving!" Levy began scratching Lily behind the ears, making him purr.

"Shh Gajeel. I like this." Lily argued, closing his eyes and purring.

Gajeel looked down at Levy who was having a little giggle fit at them and grinned.

"Lily show her your true form." Gajeel ordered.

"True form?" Levy asked.

Lil nodded and stood up in her lap.

"You see I'm from Edolas and when I came down here on earth it seems my shape had shifted into this form in order to be compatible with Earth, but I can still go back to my original form for a limited amount of  magic time."