Chapter 3: Laxus' "Game"

"Today is the day!" Levy's bubbly voice filled the street.

"Levy! You're so gonna win!" Jet hollered.

"When it comes to beauty and talent, no one can surpass Levy!" Droy shouted.

Levy giggled and spun on her heel. She twirled down the street making her way to the guild where they were holding their annual Miss Fairy Tail Beauty contest for the Harvest Festival.

"Hmm I can't wait!" She hummed.

Although she knew she had a slight disadvantage against the other female Fairy Tail mages, she still had confidence. In no time they had finally reached the guild. Levy made her way to the Contestant Billboard to see exactly who was participating.   

"Erza-san. Lu-Chan. Bisca-san..." She began reading the list of contestants. Her confidence slipping through her fingers with every listed name. She slumped against the wall and sighed.

"Ey don't sweat it Levy!" Droy chirped. He placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled at her.

Levy looked up from her slouch and smiled back at him. "This is going to be one hard competition..." She huffed.

"You know.. even if you don't win..." He gulped as if he was nervous, "Y-You'll still be a beautiful winner to me.." There was a slight blush evident on his face.

Levy's eyes slightly widened and her cheeks brightened with pink. She knew Jet and Droy both had those feelings towards her but she never really thought of them that way. They were her best friends and she loved them like brothers.

"Thank you Droy..." she gushed.

She pushed up off the wall with her back, leaving her slumped position, and wrapped her arms around him in a hug. It was an innocent, friendly hug, but it still threw Droy over the edge. His face was tomato red and he embraced her a little too tight. His mind was viciously racing with thoughts and he didn't notice Levy tugging on his sleeve to try to get him to let go.

"A-Ah.. Sorry Levy" He blurted, releasing his grasp on her.

She giggled and gave him one of her signature dorky smiles.

Jet just stood there. He was bewildered at their hug and a hint of jealousy was evident on his face. His hands tightened around the hem of his shirt, leaving behind wrinkles in it.

"Jet," Levy began, "You and Droy can go take a seat, I have to head backstage now to prepare for the contest" Her smile burned into him, as always.

He nodded with a smile and made his way to the crowd with Droy.

Levy was now backstage as she made her way to the 'dressing room' block. She sat down at one of the Vanity chairs and checked herself in the mirror. She ran a hand through her thick, blue locks and pulled a strand back and pinned it to the side, creating a cute hair-do. She really wasn't one to wear makeup, but she figured she'd at least put some on for the contest. She lightly coated her lashes with mascara, put on some lip gloss, and a light blush for her cheeks. She took one last look in the mirror and decided it was decent. She stood up, patted down her orange dress, and put on her game face. She was ready for this competition!

"And now ladies and gentlemen! The moment you've all been waiting for! This year's Annual Miss Fairy Tail Beauty contest has begun!" The announcer roared over the microphone.

The crowd's cheering was heard past the curtain. Levy's stomach flip-flopped and her nerves got the best of her. She was fiddling with her fingers as she awaited her name to be called.

The girls were being called to the stage one by one and soon enough it was Levy's turn.

"Everyone please put your hands together for the cute little bookworm, who is adored  all throughout Fairy Tail, Levy McGarden!"