Chapter 19

Hermione was calmly walking with Ron through the courtyard, heading for lunch in the Great Hall. It was now at least three or four weeks since the visit to Hogsmeade and Hermione had been spending more time with her fellow Gryffindors. She had, as promised, supported Gryffindor against Slytherin but Slytherin had won, Draco and Theo made sure to rub it in the Gryffindors' faces. Hermione charmed their brooms to repeatedly whack them on the head, arms, legs, stomach anywhere within reach of the broom.

"So, Ron. What's up with you and Vane?"

"Romilda? Nothing. It was a bet between me and Harry to see if I'd last the evening with her."

"Oh. Alright. Well, any other girl?"

"Well, there's this one girl in Ginny's year. She's quite pretty, a Ravenclaw. Her name's Sierra. She's a Muggleborn, like you, and she's smart like you too. Only her hair's not so - sorry!"

Hermione grinned as she watched him back away. The last time he had said that, she had scared him by making a spider shadow on the wall of the common room.

"Anyway, she's quite -"

"Granger!"

Hermione looked around. It sounded slightly like Blaise. She shrugged. Maybe she was imagining it.

"Hermione, I think one of your Slytherin buddies are looking for you."

Hermione opened her mouth but was cut off.

"Granger!" This time she was sure it was Theo. She glanced at Ron. Theo was definitely closer than Blaise, but what was the problem?

"Hermione, maybe you should find one of them." Ron still didn't like them, but he didn't stop Hermione.

"Granger! Where the bloody hell are you?"

That was definitely Malfoy.

"Malfoy! Nott! Zabini! I'm in the courtyard. Where are you?"

All at once, three boys came rushing at Hermione. "Granger, there you are. We need to ask you- oh, hello Weasel."

"Malfoy. Alright, Hermione. Good luck. I'll see you in the Great Hall."

Ron turned to leave. "See you later, Ron."

It was Ron's custom to leave when the boys were around, Ginny had warned him not to cause a scene and the best way was to stay away.

"What's wrong with you three? Shouting across the school like that."

"We need to talk to you." Theo grabbed Hermoine's hand and pulled her to the tree by the Black Lake.

Theo and Blaise looked around like watchmen. "Malfoy! What is going on?"

"What did you do to Parkinson?"

"Nothing! Why?"

"I heard her with on of the other girls. She said something about you threatening her and that she was going to make sure you're out of the picture."

Hermione scoffed. "What's the worst she can do?"

"Granger, she managed to slip you a potion, I'm sure she'd try with poison if it came to that."

Hermione sighed. "She's right. I did threaten her, with something she'd never want anyone to know."

"What?"

"I'm not telling you! What if you blab it to someone and the whole school gets to know? Then she'd try to kill me!"

Draco sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Well, she's trying to kill you now anyway. Look, I know you don't like keeping secrets from Potter and Co and you don't like spilling other people's secrets, but please, what was it that you said that's got her so mad?"

Death by Grangerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें