Chapter 20

"He's so annoying!"

"Calm down, Granger."

Hermione finished off the last of her Firewhiskey. "I know you promised one, but can I have another?"

Draco nodded and ordered a second for Hermione.

"He just doesn't like us, Granger."

"No, he doesn't trust you guys. Sometimes I wish I could tell him that I'm a - a, you know, just so that he'd shut up about how I'm not safe around you guys."

"Wait, not safe? What does he mean by that?"

Hermione sighed. "Malfoy, Ron thinks that beacuse you're all Death Eaters and Slytherins, it means you're going to hurt me in some way."

"The little Weasel."

"Malfoy, calm down."

"Make that two Firewhiskeys!"

Hermione grinned. "Good grief, if we're both drunk, how are we supposed to get back to Hogwarts?"

Draco grinned. "We could stay here?"

"No thanks. Much as I'd love to stay away from Ronald, I'd like to sleep in a bed."

The waitress set the two Firewhiskeys down. "Enjoy."

"Tell me, Malfoy. Any particular reason why you asked me to the Ball?"

Draco took a sip while he thought. "Beacuse I wanted to. And because Zabini and Nott didn't think I had the guts to ask you."

Hermione laughed. "A big reason why I started hanging with you guys again was because Ginny didn't think I had the guts to ask Nott out."

"I remember. It was then we started betting on how long Nott would survive."

"Boys and bets. Is there anything else you do?"

"Not really."

Hermione and Draco sat in silence, sipping away at their drinks.

"What happened to Ella?"

"She's made friends. I sometimes miss her, she was stuck to me like glue."

"Dru Glue."

"She reminded me of my mother, in a way."

Hermione nodded. "She looked like your mother. And you, to a certain degree. Maybe she's your sister or something."

Draco spat out his drink.

"Malfoy? Are you alright?"

"Fine, fine. It's just, you mentioned that Ella could have been my sister. I did think of that, and in the start of the year, I sent my mother an owl, telling her about Ell. Her reply came back tear stained. She told me that I did have a sister, but it wasn't Ell. She said that the girl died less than an hour later, blah blah blah. I didn't even know my mother was pregnant!"

Hermione had frozen. "Did your mother say when her daughter was born?"

"No. Wait, yes, she did! I think it was ... hold on a second. January, twelfth ... 1987."

Hermione frowned. "1987, you say? That's probably the year this year's First Years were born. Malfoy! Ella could very well be your sister!"

"Hardly. I don't even belive my mother."

"Malfoy, your mother probably used a bunch of spells, most likely to keep it from your father. Send her a letter and ask her."

"I have a better idea."