Chapter 32

It had been two hours and Hermione still didn't know what to get Draco. She walked into the Leaky Cauldron and flopped on the chair in front of Ginny. "Didn't find anything?"

"Nothing! What did you get?"

Ginny shook her head. "Not telling. He'll read it off your mind."

"He'll read it off your mind."

"He's not smart enough."

"I got an idea. Let's go to muggle London?"

"Okay. But I'll be waiting here, I can't walk any longer."

Hermione sighed. "Fine. I'll come back here, give me an hour or two."

Hermione stepped out the other door and found herself in muggle London again. She headed for a cab and directed it to her house. She transfigured the money Draco had given her into muggle money and paid the driver. She went up to the door and knocked.

After a few seconds, her mother opened the door. "Hermione? What happened to your key?"

Hermione grinned. "I might have lost it. But I need your help."

Her mother moved aside and Hermione dropped her bag and herself on a couch. "Malfoy's birthday is coming up and I have no idea what to buy him."

"Okay, what does he like?"

"Me."

"Hermione..." her mother warned as she took a seat across Hermione.

"Kidding, mom. He likes ... I don't know!"

Jean laughed. "Try getting him something that expresses how you feel."

"You're getting into your lovey-dovey mood."

"I'm serious. Like, look at that necklace he's bought you."

Hermione glanced at the necklace and ring. It was a royal blue and gold color. "Okay. I'm listening, what have you got in mind?"

"He doesn't seem like the type to wear jewellery, so I don't suggest any accessories. But he does seem fascinated with us muggles, so maybe you could buy him something Muggle-ish?"

"Something Muggle-ish? Like what? A radio set?"

Her mother shrugged. "Or a book about what muggles belive magic to be?"

"Maybe. He's read a few of my old novels. He seems to like it."

"Or maybe a non-magic pet, something simple. Like a dog? I've rarely heard of dogs in the wizard world."

Hermione's eyes brightened. "You're a genius!"

"I - thank you?"

Hermione jumped up and hugged her mother. She raced out the door. "Thank you!"

She hailed another cab and directed it to a small little shop. She went in and placed an order for what she wanted. She told the guy at the counter to have it delivered to the Leaky Cauldron under the name Granger, knowing they'd call her for her parcel.

She then skipped off to meet Ginny. "Did you find something?"

"I certainly did. But I'll pick it up on the 4th June."

"Okay. Let's go then."

Ginny apparated the two away back to Malfoy Manor. "So, Granger. What did you get me?"

Hermione smirked. "You're probably gonna kill me for it, but I couldn't resist. Now you can sit for three days in suspense."

"Granger!"