Chapter 34

As soon as they got home, Hermione fell asleep. Draco set her down in her bed and kissed her forehead before going back downstairs. He found Ginny talking with Blaise and Theo.

"Weaslette. I can officially say that I now have a legitimate reason to hate your brother."

Ginny shrugged. "He's not my brother."

Draco sat down next to her. "If Granger ends up in another coma, I'll break his neck with a brick."

Ginny couldn't help but smile slightly. "I'll provide that brick for you." She turned to Theo. "I was wondering where you went, Theo. It was like you were there, then you weren't."

Theo glanced up at her, and smiled. "It's Granger. She's got us all connected so if she's depressed or needs help, then our Dark Marks start glowing."

Ginny frowned. "Just you three?"

Blaise nodded. "Everyone else's is just a scar, a tattoo."

Dobby suddenly appeared next to Draco. "Does Master Malfoy want a Firewhiskey?"

Draco looked at the elf. "Does my mother have anything stronger?"

Dobby shook his head. "Miss Malfoy does not have anything stronger than Firewhiskey since Master Malfoy has come back from Hogwarts."

Draco sighed. "Fine. I'll take two bottles. Anyone else want something?"

"I'll take two," Theo said.

"I'll have two as well," Blaise told the elf.

"Just one, thanks," Ginny said with a glance in the three boys' directions.

Dobby nodded and came back with seven bottles that he placed on the table and left. They each took one and began drinking it. Draco glared at his half empty bottle. "Isn't it funny how they left you two, but they think they can still tell you what to do?"

Ginny frowned. "I think they don't understand that we don't want or need them. We have you three, now."

Theo put a hand over his heart. "Flattered, Weaslette."

Something beeped and Blaise jumped. He pulled out something from his pocket and the other three looked on curiously. He glanced at it then back up at them. "It's a Muggle device. Called a cellphone and you use it to communicate. Granger can show you one day, I've got to go, my mother's depressed and she wants my opinion on her therapist."

Ginny's eyes widened. "Wow. Maybe you should take your second bottle with."

"Nah, what if I tell her to kill him in a drunken state. She might do it, you know. Malfoy, let me know if something happens with Granger."

Draco nodded and Blaise left.

Upstairs, Hermione was in another one of her dreams.

~~||~~||~~||~~

"Thank you," the voice said. It was his voice, but less like a snake and more ... human.

"I killed you," Hermione was now uncertain as she spoke.

"I know. And I'm thanking you."

"Why are you thanking me? Harry killed you first."

She saw a shadow of a person. "So he did. You've however managed to completely remove me from this world. People hardly fear me, and most are beginning to move on with their lives."