Chapter 37

"Orange or purple?"

"I like the lilac dress."

Hermione amd Ginny were currently in Ginny's room trying to choose an outfit for Ginny. It had been four days since the Quidditch match and Theo had set reservations for him and Ginny at the same restaurant Draco had taken Hermione, but only after making sure that neither Harry nor Ron were going to be there and that Rita Skeeter be banned for the evening. Now, Ginny couldn't decide what to wear.

Ginny looked at the said dress. It was a pale lilac color, knee length, elbow length, with a silver belt. All in all, it was a very simple dress. Ginny frowned. "I don't like the color."

Hermione waved her hand. "Poof."

The dress was now a deep red, with a gold belt. Ginny smiled and nodded. "Now that's a lovely dress."

"And you know what's the best part?"

Ginny looked at her.

"You can wear your heels around Nott. You're short enough to."

Ginny rolled her eyes and picked up her dress and headed for her bathroom. She came out ten minutes later warring the dress. She sat down a her dresser amd began applying her makeup. Hermione watched from Ginny's bed. "You've got to teach me how to do that."

Ginny smiled. "One day. Now though, I need to hurry."

She slipped her feet into her shoes, her wand into Hermione's bag, charmed gold, and took a deep breath before heading out the door. Hermione followed silently with Theo's camera. She snapped picture after picture of Theo's reaction right until they walked out the door. She almost dropped the camera when Draco tapped her on the shoulder. "Spying, Granger?"

"No. Just taking pictures. I went through the pictures and found us. Doing everything. Petting Padfoot, the mud fight, glaring at the table, even that first day we all went out to Hogsmeade. He's even got a picture of the day he and Zabini caught us in my room!"

"Wow. Maybe I should get you your own camera so you can constantly take pictures of him and Weaslette."

"You make me sound like a psychopath ex girlfriend jealous of his every move."

"You kind of are an ex girlfriend."

"One and a half date. He never even kissed me. Doesn't count."

Draco wrapped his arms around her. "Then are you my girlfriend?"

Hermione hung her arms around his neck. "Depends."

"On what?"

Hermione grinned. "On how much you love me."

Draco smirked. "I'll marry you, maybe in a year or two, after you decide what job to get, maybe. Be my girlfriend until then?"

Hermione smiled. "Yes, I will. And in a year or two, when you ask me to marry you, I'll say yes again."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"I got the gift from my mother."

"And?"

"It's more for you than me."

"Well, what is it?"

"It's the Malfoy family heirloom. Every mother passes it down to her son for his bride. And now she's given it to me, and I'm giving it to you."

Hermione smiled. "I really, really love you, Draco Malfoy."

Draco kissed her lightly. "I love you even more, my mudblood."

Hermione giggled. "Now, show me the ... whatever it is."