Chapter 35

"HERMIONE GRANGER! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? WHERE IS MALFOY?"

Hermione was curled up on the couch and watching Ginny rant to Theo while he seemed quite amused. Draco came running down the stairs. "What happened?"

Ginny threw the newspaper at him. "When exactly did this happen? And what kind of friend are you, Hermione? How could you not tell me?"

Hermione shrugged from the couch. Draco sent her a small smile and tossed the paper onto the table. He sat down next to her and hung his arm around her shoulders. Hermione glared the photo.

There, on the front page, was a large picture of Hermione and Draco, on the dance floor, while the picture looped their kiss over and over. The headline read: The notorious Draco Malfoy and Death Eater Hermione Granger together?

Hermione blew her fringe up. "She couldn't even find a nice adjective for me. I mean, Malfoy gets to be notorious and what am I? A Death Eater?"

"Hermione! That's besides the point!"

Hermione silently thanked Blaise for apparating in when he did. He glanced at Draco and Hermione, on the couch. "Finally. But did you have to get Skeeter there?"

Hermione frowned. "Where wasn't there for us. She was tailing Potter and Weasley with their stupid dates. By the way, I might have ... spoken to Sierra."

Blaise laughed and sat down. "How mad were you by the time you saw her?"

"What?"

"I'm just trying to imagine how much you traumatised her."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "I might have embarrassed her in front of Weasley a tiny bit, and then made her feel like crap. Wasn't intentional, though. It just slipped beacuse I had run into Skeeter earlier and might have had a word or two with her."

Draco laughed. "Skeeter asked us how we could walk around with our Dark Marks and if we're proud we supported Voldemort. So Granger asked her how she walked around with her face and if she was proud she ruined people's lives."

Theo looked up. "Woah, hold up. Just when did all of this happen?"

They all looked at him. "Are you seriously just catching on now?" Ginny asked.

Theo shrugged. "Anyway, please don't tell me we've got to invite all those Weasleys. Too much red in one room."

Ginny glared at him, and he raised his hands in surrender. She opened her mouth, but a light tapping at a nearby window interrupted her. She opened the window and at least three owls flew in. They all landed by Draco. He took the letters, and Ginny noticed that it was four, not three. "Okay, one from McGonagall, one from my dad, one Andromedra and one from ... who's handwriting is this?"

Hermione took the fourth letter. "What I want to know is how your father got a letter to you from Azkaban."

Draco shrugged. "I don't even feel like opening it." He opened McGonagall's letter instead.

"Dear Mr Malfoy ... blah blah blah ... I am pleased to congratulate you on turning eighteen ... blah blah blah ... I am wondering when you will return ... blah blah blah ... wait what! Guys listen here. I would also like to congratulate you on your relationship with Miss Granger!"

Hermione, who was reading over his shoulder, began laughing. "I forgot. Some students get the Daily Prophet delivered via the mail at school."

Draco shook his head and opened Andromedra's letter. He read through it quickly. "She wants to know if we want to come over, all five of us. Unless Zabini has a girlfriend, it's just us five."