Chapter 30

The weekend passed in a blur, and soon Sunday night had come and Ginny had to leave for school. She was waiting for Theo so she could say goodbye to all of them before she left.

Draco had been behaving like he was on a high since Friday night, but he refused to tell anyone why. Hermione was less sarcastic and smiled ten times more, and she also refused to tell what made her so.

The four of them were seated in the lounge, waiting for Theo. It was already past six and Ginny needed to leave. She was about to tell them to say bye for her when they heard the loud cracking of someone apparating. Theo walked into the lounge and was grinning slyly.

"Thought you were going to leave?"

Ginny nodded and picked up the small bag Hermione charmed for her. "Almost did. Anyway, I had fun this weekend, but unlike you three, I'm not rich and so I need to study. I'll see you all next weekend."

Theo grinned. "No need, Weaslette."

Ginny raised an eyebrow.

"Do you know how much a Quidditch player earns for playing well in a game? Do you know how much more they earn if their team wins?"

Ginny sighed. "Stop rubbing it in. I have to get back to school."

"Like I said, Weaslette. You want a job and money?"

"Duh."

"Well, I've got good news for you. You've been called for tryouts tomorrow at eight," he said smugly.

"What are you saying?" Ginny asked slowly.

"Geez, you're slow. Okay, let's try this. You know Puddlemere United? You've been called to try out for the team. We're a player short since one guy broke his arm. He came today to say he's not playing anymore."

"Wait..."

"You are our first choice. No one knows we're a player short. If you don't make the cut then they'll put out notice. You've got a big chance to play Quidditch here. I know it's not the Holyhead Harpies, but, you know..."

Ginny dropped her bag and almost jumped on Theo. "Thank you thank you thank you." She released him and picked up her bag. "Oh my god, this is great! Oh! I'm not going back to Hogwarts tomorrow! I'm going to play for Puddlemere United!"

She hugged Theo again. "Thank you so much, Theo!"

She ran back to her room to leave her things. She came buck running and almost collided with Theo. "Sorry! Malfoy, I need something to write a letter to McGonagall."

Draco got up and showed Ginny where to go. He came back to find Hermione and Blaise looking weirdly at Theo. "What are we looking at?"

Hermione and Blaise shrugged. "He's been smiling like that since Weaslette left to write her letter. It's freaking me out."

Draco walked over and tapped Theo on the shoulder. "You alright, mate?"

Theo shook his head. "What?"

"Were you in some sort of trance?"

Theo shook his head again. "Nope."

He sat down of one of the couches, clearly indicating that he wasn't going to tell them. Hermione suddenly gave a small shriek and began grinning. "Granger, I will kill you."

Draco and Blaise turned to look at her. "What is it?"

Hermione shook her head, a big smile on her face. Theo was glaring at her. Draco suddenly understood. She must've used Legilimency on him.  And she didn't look like she was going to spill. They dropped the subject when Ginny came back, bouncing on her feet.