Luminous

Time felt slowed down, your body felt weary. Reality was harsh and rough, somewhere along the line in your bedroom, you felt as if the creeping of hallucination was sneaking up on you- were you being too anxious? the brain inside your now tough skull happened to be dozed off into a train of bittersweet thought as your voluminous eyes were glued to your own bedroom wall. The setting was quiet, you had happened to be picking up on small noises as if they somehow all revolves around you.

A proper example would be the faucet in your own bathroom tapping lightly as tiny droplets of cold, crisp water fell from it. Such a noise wasn't worth studying, however your ears could pick up these tiny noises with ease, from time to time you would flinch in the middle of you daze, your body couldn't stay still. However even in a whirlpool of unawareness, those senses of yours would flare up. For instance, you had felt a familiar presence come up the long flight of stairs not too far from your bedroom right before your senses picked up on the water droplets from your bathroom, those same familiar footsteps overwhelmed you as you looked over to your bedroom door. The wait for it to open wasn't long, you shifted your wrist so you could find a more comfortable spot as you awaited the entity, you could tell exactly who it was. It had been your father.

He didn't bother to knock as he just invited himself into your personal space, he was always brash like this, he didn't need approval, he did and does what he wants to like a stubborn toddler. His hand was delicately wrapped around your doorknob, his black eyes trailing up to yours as he shut that large and overbearing white door. Silence followed up upon that with a deep and loud sigh, he was a mysterious and gentle looking man.. looks can be deceiving- but this was just ridiculous. You were carefully studying his movements as so he did the exact same back, you both had tendencies to be on high alert at all times, not that it was ever that important anyways. Unfortunately, the relationship you two had wasn't the most important, he just needed a worthy successor, and you were happy to fill the part.

The man had shuffled uncomfortably as he had now been staring down into your well aware eyes, he broke the silence with his husky and overbearing voice, it put a heavy weight into the air and you weren't sure how to process what emotion he was trying to display. It was stern but soft spoken, you were still heavily afraid of him, even in these vulnerable moments. "Y/N" He started, "Tomorrow we will be visiting the Zoldycks. I will be leaving you there for about a week so you'll be able to learn new training methods..." His pause was almost uncomfortable. "i'm sure the family will be all over you..."

Ah, the Zoldycks. a close family to the assassin business. They had been an allied family to yours for generations on end, breaking the thicker than blood bond would end anyone in an instant. An awkward shift of mood followed his rather un-casual sentence. Not sure how to react, you had smiled and straightened up your back, fixing the collar of your shirt. Having had never met this dangerous family before, you respected their work, and they respected yours. The tall man that you recalled as your father dismissed himself and shut your door almost too quietly, the air felt too thick. You felt unhappy of his decision to leave you there, but of course you couldn't argue with this man- he'd chew you up and spit you out if he could.