Epilogue

5 Years Later

5 Years Later ..........

Jackson:

"Daddy." Ava yelled running up to me jumping in my arms. "Did I do good?" She asked smoothing down my tie with her little hands.

"You did wonderful baby." I kissed her cheek.

"I dropped all my rose pedals down the aisle, just like mommy told me too. I am the best flower girl ever." She smiled proud of herself.

I looked at my little girl and saw Kendal's eyes, my nose and Kendal's smile. This has been a rough five years for me, on the outside looking in. We had agreed to go to counseling to learn how to co-parent. During those session's I learned that Kendal was doing better without me and I wasn't worth shit. She was fine with being without me, but I wanted all of us together. That night she left I prayed that it was only temporary, that she just needed some days to cool off. But after days turned into weeks I was loosing faith, than I came home and saw her car in the driveway and my hope restored. I ran into the house calling her name and got no answer. Walking into the bedroom my heart sunk as I saw the empty closet space and empty dresser draws. Her car and house keys laid on my night stand by the side of the bed we used to share, the bed I made love to her in. That night I cried like a baby, wishing they were here with me.

Even though we were no longer together, I still love Kendal with all my heart. Nothing will ever change the way I feel for her. "Daddy doesn't mommy look like a princes?" I looked over at Kendall in her strapless off white dress that hug her on the hips. She had flower's on the side of her head, and her hair was pulled up showing her beautiful neck. She looked absolutely stunning. She looked over at us and waved while dancing with the rest of the wedding party. I swirled Ava around and smiled when I heard her giggle. I looked back over at Kendal an felt my heart break again. "Your the best dancer, Daddy." I dipped Ava and continued dancing with the only women in my life that I can make happy. The song ended and we heard clapping behind us, I turned and saw Kendal smiling at us.

"Mommy, Daddy is the best dancer in the whole wide world." Ava advised Kendal.

"Yes he is baby girl."

"Daddy can you put me down, I see Uncle Justin. He told me he would give me ten dollars if I empty my flower basket."

I kissed her cheek and sat her down on the floor. "Negotiate more, for cuteness." I told her

"Daddy don't dance with nobody else I'll be right back." She grabbed mine and Kendal's hands. "Mommy dance with daddy." she placed Kendal's hand in mines and ran off to Justin. We stood in silence for a minute with me finally pulling her close to me. My hand went around her waist and rest on on her lower back. She brought her hand up and rested it on my shoulder as our finger stayed intertwined.