Chapter 8

2 Weeks

Kendal sat in front of her mirror as Brittany did her hair and make up. Her heart was hurting and going on a blind date wasn’t helping. For two weeks Kendal had done nothing but wonder what went wrong between her and Jackson. Wondering if it was something she had said or done wrong. The last time they were together was perfect, they lay in bed holding each other and talking. His hands would Rome her body as they kissed until the sun came up causing another round of four play and than sleep. Maybe that was the problem; she only gave him four play. Only if she knew that day he brought her back home would have been the last time they talked, she would have slapped him than. Her ego was hurt, she had been played twice.

“Stop thinking about him.” Brittany applied some makeup to Kendal’s eye.

“I’m not.” Kendal lied.

“The best way to get over a man is with a new man. Mike is so sweet and he has been in love with you for years.”

“Brittany I am so pathetic. That man was never going to date a girl like me. He’s all high class and I’m not even middle class.” She grabbed a tissue and dabbed her eyes.

“Don’t ever let me hear you say that. You are too good for him, Jackson is the loser.”

The door bell rung and Brittany began jumping up and down. “That’s Mike, finish getting dress and I’ll let him in. Oh love is in the air.” She started singing running out the door.

Kendal pulled her cell phone out of her clutch purse and scrolled threw her contacts. She pulled up Jackson’s name and pressed delete. She would just have to get over him. Hell she should have cut her lost after the first week when her calls kept going to voice mail.

“This is Jackson Mercer leave a message after the beep.”

“Hey Jackson it’s Kendal wanting to see if you wanted to get together give me a call, bye.”

“This is Jackson Mercer leave a message after the beep.”

“Jackson its Kendal I tried calling you yesterday, give me a call please.”

“This is Jackson Mercer leave a message after the beep.”

“You don’t have to ignore me. Just say you don’t want to talk to me anymore. “

“This is Jackson Mercer leave a message after the beep.”

This time she decided to not leave a message. She understood it was over before it even began. Standing she pulled on her dress. Hugging all the right spots she slid on her heals and picked up her clutch purse and walked out the door. It was time to get over Mr. Jackson Mercer.

******************************

Jackson stood up from his chair to shake hands with two possible investors for his new apartment complex. It was going to be a late Friday night so he decided to stay in the city instead of taking the long hour drive home. After work he had drove to the Hotel Rouge and checked in for his business meeting. Not only was it a five star hotel but it housed the best French restaurant in town. “I hope to hear from you gentlemen soon.” They nodded and walked out of the restaurant. Now that business was done it was time for pleasure. Pulling out his Cell phone he dialed Marcy’s number.

“You want me daddy? “ She answered and he started laughing.

“How’s my Barbie Doll? “

“Horny. “